[Exclusive] Verizon Changes Another Small Policy to Eliminate Unlimited Plans; Plus ETF Changes

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
new-vzw-policy-nov-14-2.jpg

Verizon is on the move again with a new policy shift designed to reduce the amount of grandfathered unlimited plans on their network. As you can see from the image above, Verizon is trying to make it harder to keep those unlimited plans.

Basically, about two months ago, Verizon said: if a customer on a legacy plan upgraded a basic line to a smartphone and then removed the smartphone to use on a different line, the basic line would have to keep the data package for the full 2yr contract term. In Verizon's system there is an option to perform an Alternate Upgrade using another line's eligibility, but automatically activate it on the other line's number.

This change on Sunday will make it so that customers cannot use a basic phone upgrade eligibility to upgrade their smartphone line unless they move to a Shared plan. It's basically a ploy to get customers off the old Family Share plans.

new-vzw-policy-nov-14-1.jpg

Also, just as an additional add-on, Verizon updated their ETF policy with some decreases, which is what you can see in the second image above.

Thanks for the tip, anonymous!

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Does this apply to third party sellers as well? In order for me to be able to pull this upgrade off I would have to go to a kiosk at the mall. If I tried to at a Verizon store they would say no.