Internal Document Verifies Closure Of Loophole For Legacy Unlimited Data Subscribers On Verizon

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Hey guys... Lets try to stay on topic... Take this to private messaging... Or agree to disagree.. But it needs to stop . Thanx.
Hopefully your request to stay on topic gets noticed......I asked once earlier.....I don't think they noticed....

sent from my sexy Note 4

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Let's say that you save $30 a month on data...
It's a lot more then 30, more like 300-400 a month. Me and my wife use between 30-40gb a month, 20-30 if we connect to WiFi where available. We pay 10 a month each for unlimited data. I don't even think they have a package that large.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Everyone just please stay on topic or I can close this down.. This thread is long in the tooth and has outlived it's usefulness anyhow..

As long as it stays civil and stays on the general topic of Unlimited and data plans, I don't see why it needs to get shut down?

As for my $69 GNote 4... I had gone in on Tuesday and gotten a Droid Turbo for $99. It was $199, but I traded in an old GS4 and got $100 credit and the upgrade fee($30) waived. So a Turbo for $99 out the door, plus tax. I resigned my contract, which I don't mind because the price stays the same and I am not going to another carrier anyway, so what's the difference, right?

Anyway, Black Friday, the GNote 4 drops from $299 to $199. I go back, return the Turbo and tell the Mgr that I want to return it and get the GNote 4 instead now that the price is dropped. They credited the GS4 trade in and stuff over to the new phone... Then he hands me a new 8+ tablet that comes free with the new phone, and they also increased my 10GB plan to 15GB, I guess in response to some new pricing from ATT...

Anyway, he rings everything up, and my "bill" was for him to ask me if I wanted to put the $31 credit back onto the same debit card that I had purchased the Droid Turbo on...

I was like, "ummm, sure"...

So I walked out with the new GNote 4(much better phone than the Turbo, BTW), a new tablet(basic, but decent and it has XLTE), 50% more data and they paid me $31 back on my card... LOL

I mean seriously, that's a pretty good deal. haha

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
As long as it stays civil and stays on the general topic of Unlimited and data plans, I don't see why it needs to get shut down?

As for my $69 GNote 4... I had gone in on Tuesday and gotten a Droid Turbo for $99. It was $199, but I traded in an old GS4 and got $100 credit and the upgrade fee($30) waived. So a Turbo for $99 out the door, plus tax. I resigned my contract, which I don't mind because the price stays the same and I am not going to another carrier anyway, so what's the difference, right?

Anyway, Black Friday, the GNote 4 drops from $299 to $199. I go back, return the Turbo and tell the Mgr that I want to return it and get the GNote 4 instead now that the price is dropped. They credited the GS4 trade in and stuff over to the new phone... Then he hands me a new 8+ tablet that comes free with the new phone, and they also increased my 10GB plan to 15GB, I guess in response to some new pricing from ATT...

Anyway, he rings everything up, and my "bill" was for him to ask me if I wanted to put the $31 credit back onto the same debit card that I had purchased the Droid Turbo on...

I was like, "ummm, sure"...

So I walked out with the new GNote 4(much better phone than the Turbo, BTW), a new tablet(basic, but decent and it has XLTE), 50% more data and they paid me $31 back on my card... LOL

I mean seriously, that's a pretty good deal. haha
It's been walking the line between civil & not. By all means, everyone should feel free to express their opinions, but let's keep away from attacking each other personally because those opinions differ.

What works for me doesn't work for everyone else.

Sent from my Note 4

anjely

Reaction score
So, I didn't read the entire thread, but I'm assuming my question hasn't popped up yet.

So, I am currently on a family plan with my unlimited data plan. Another member on our account also got an iphone a little less than a year ago and got a $30 2GB data plan for himself. No big deal. The family plan didn't change, he just had data for himself. Now, another member of the family plan (my husband) would like a smartphone for the first time, and was planning on transfering an upgrade from another line to get a subsidized phone on a new $30 2GB data plan as well.

The problem arises when the Verizon salesperson told my husband that he would not be able to get a subsidized smartphone without converting our entire family plan to a share everything plan.

Has anyone encountered this before?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum Anjely! Sounds a bit odd to me, but with so many changes going on with smartphone plans, I certainly wouldn't rule it out. Hang in there for verification though. We've got a number of members who are well versed in the latest Vzw offerings.
One thing I might suggest though is to request "double data" for the same price. The top carrier's have all been offering similar data deals, but you usually have to ask about it to get the deal. Good luck & keep us updated.

S5 tap'n

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It's been walking the line between civil & not. By all means, everyone should feel free to express their opinions, but let's keep away from attacking each other personally because those opinions differ.

What works for me doesn't work for everyone else.

Sent from my Note 4
Exactly.. And the only lines being walked on this forum... Is me. And sanity.. Lmao..

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I pay $29.99 a month for my Unlimited data, someone here sounds jealous.

I am also one of these people. I don't mind paying for phones outright. The subsidy just doesn't appeal to me and I keep my unlimited data because of what someone mentioned before: I don't necessarily need it but if given the choice I'd rather not worry about having to calculate if I jump past my cap. Of course, I make that choice because, as a consumer, I don't feel like paying the same amount I do now and lose unlimited data just to get a cheap price on the phone upfront.

Back to the loophole...Yes. This is happening all around and this is the new way carriers are dealing with bandwidth hogging and saving themselves money in an attempt to pass it on to the consumer. Consumers will eventually buckle, however, as I see it on every other carrier that moves to capped data. I remember when Sprint was like, "We'll never get rid of Unlimited Plans."

anjely

Reaction score
So, I didn't read the entire thread, but I'm assuming my question hasn't popped up yet.

So, I am currently on a family plan with my unlimited data plan. Another member on our account also got an iphone a little less than a year ago and got a $30 2GB data plan for himself. No big deal. The family plan didn't change, he just had data for himself. Now, another member of the family plan (my husband) would like a smartphone for the first time, and was planning on transfering an upgrade from another line to get a subsidized phone on a new $30 2GB data plan as well.

The problem arises when the Verizon salesperson told my husband that he would not be able to get a subsidized smartphone without converting our entire family plan to a share everything plan.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Actually, I confused myself already. My husband already HAS a 2GB data plan on his line--he got an old iphone from a friend and activated it on his line with a data plan with no problem a couple weeks ago. Now the phone stopped charging so he wanted a new phone with the transferred upgrade--when this problem happened.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't deal with Verizon in person, you need to order online through either Verizon or best buy. Then it's just a matter of swapping Sims and destroying new one. That's if they are same size.

anjely

Reaction score
Don't deal with Verizon in person, you need to order online through either Verizon or best buy. Then it's just a matter of swapping Sims and destroying new one. That's if they are same size.
Hopefully this is a non-issue all together since the same guy who gave my husband the previous old iphone might have another one to give him. I'm just worried now for when the other 4 members in our family plan might want to update their phones... but I'll have to handle that when the time comes.

RosyNYC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Incredible
Hi all, I just signed up for this forum to ask a specific question that I believe is related to this thread. I'm on a FamilyShare plan with one smartphone (me) and two basic lines (actually one basic line is going to be switched to smartphone soon). My smartphone (Motorola Droid Razr M) broke 1.5 years into my 2 year plan. I wanted to take my dad's (basic phone) upgrade so I could get a new smart phone at a reduced rate. I'm willing to pay for the 2GB for the full 2 year contract. However, will this add the 2GB data plan to my dad's basic phone line too? I already tried it once when I found a great deal for a smartphone at Walmart and they automatically tacked on the 2GB to my dad's basic phone line so I reluctantly returned the new phone and went back to my old plan. Just wasn't sure if that was Walmart's mistake or I can never use my dad's upgrade eligibility to buy myself a new smart phone (and keep him on a basic phone with no data plan). Any help appreciated. Thanks!