Internal Document Verifies Closure Of Loophole For Legacy Unlimited Data Subscribers On Verizon

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Didn't sounds "jealous" to me....

sent from my sexy Note 4

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I pay $29.99 a month for my Unlimited data, someone here sounds jealous.

Jealous of you having to spend $600 on new phones or sourcing used ones to save $20 on your data plan? LOL

Not really.

I enjoy my new Note 4 that I ended up paying $69 for new on contract, plus got an 8" xLTE tablet for free, and got my data plan bumped from 10GB to 15GB at no charge... ;-)

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Jealous of you having to spend $600 on new phones or sourcing used ones to save $20 on your data plan? LOL

Not really.

I enjoy my new Note 4 that I ended up paying $69 for new on contract, plus got an 8" xLTE tablet for free, and got my data plan bumped from 10GB to 15GB at no charge... ;-)
So you are tied down with Verizon for another 2 years, no thank you, plus I can use as much data as I want, not caped at 15 GB.

Last edited:

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
So you are tied down with Verizon for another 2 years, no thank you, plus I can use s much data as I want, not caped at 15 GB.
Good for you.....can we get back to the topic of the thread...

sent from my sexy Note 4

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
So you are tied down with Verizon for another 2 years, no thank you, plus I can use as much data as I want, not caped at 15 GB.

Yeah, cause where am I gonna go? Sprint, and have to worry about having a signal? AT&T and go back to 10 dropped calls per day?

I understand your desire to feel empowered by "sticking it to the man", even if you are the one coming up short in the end.

I use as much data as I want. I also get awesome new phones dirt cheap, etc...

And your unlimited data is gonna end soon anyway. And when it does, you can go somewhere else, and in 6 months you will be back because despite everything, VZW does have the best network...

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
In a world where there is wifi pretty much everywhere, how much true data do you need?

Unless you are sitting around watching TV all day on your phone, instead of TV, how much are you really using?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am on the road all day, I am a TLC driver, I am not sitting around wifi hot spots. And I am not sticking it to no one, only to you, because you asked for it.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
But I have to pay for the data plan on the dummy line?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
No, as long as the sim card that came with new phone isn't activated, the data isn't added to dumbphone. I just did this last month. Got sony phone on dumb line for 200, swapped sim from my maxx into it and no data plan added to dumb phone.

So I got new phone for subsidized price, kept data off dumbphone line and kept my unlimited on smartphone line that I pay 10 a month for.

I have another upgrade available but I don't see any good phones on Verizon besides Xperia.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
You might want to re-run the math there.

Let's say that you save $30 a month on data... times 12 is $360, times 2 years is $720.

Versus $600 plus tax for a full price phone.

So in theory, you might save $120 across two years, if you are lucky. If you have the phone less than 21 months, you didn't save money. And if you save the money, that's a whopping savings of what... $5 a month? That's a cup of Starbucks a month... LOL

And for that you have to shell out $600 at once for a phone...

I would rather spend the extra $5 a month and keep the extra cash in my account... The point is, that you don't really save as much as you think when you factor in the cost of a phone at full list price.

And I bet that 95% of the people using Unlimited, use less actual VZW data than average... it's more for show, of "hey, look what I got"... And they probably use less data than I do on my tiered plan. LOL

And if they are using 50GB a month or whatever, then they are probably using it as a hotspot for their home and they are the reason why VZW wants to get rid of the abusers in the first place...

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am on the road all day, I am a TLC driver, I am not sitting around wifi hot spots. And I am not sticking it to no one, only to you, because you asked for it.

How so? I am sitting pretty on a new $69 Note 4, a free xLTE 8" tablet and 50% more data for free...

I am laughing because you think you are ahead on your Unlimited plan.

VZW isn't sticking it to me, and neither are you. In fact, the only one getting it stuck to is YOU when they terminate your unlimited plan in a few months. hehe

Then who's laughing?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
You are hilarious, seems to be bothering you that I and a few others still have unlimited data, it's all good though, nowhere did I read or hear that Verizon is planning to eliminate the unlimited data plans for the few people that still have them, I am sure the FTC would not like that, as Verizon and AT&T have already been warned in regards to messing with the still the few unlimited data plans that are still out there. Looks like I hit someone's funny bone. Until the, unlimited data for me baby

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
You are hilarious, seems to be bothering you that I and a few others still have unlimited data, it's all good though, nowhere did I read or hear that Verizon is planning to eliminate the unlimited data plans for the few people that still have them, I am sure the FTC would not like that, as Verizon and AT&T have already been warned in regards to messing with the still the few unlimited data plans that are still out there. Looks like I hit someone's funny bone.

Why would I be bothered?

You have to pay full price for phones. I merely commented that the cost savings on the data is probably offset by the higher cost of the phone, or that you have to make sacrifices like finding cheaper used phones, etc...

The guys with Unlimited, LOOOOOVE to tout that they still have unlimited, like they are in some sort of special club or something. It's amusing.

And VZW doesn't have to continue Unlimited forever. It will end. They will keep closing loopholes, etc... And in the end, once your contract is up, they are not bound to keep providing you with anything past the end of said contract.

They are whittling away the numbers of unlimited and once it is below a certain number the public outcry will be faint and they will get rid of them.

Me questioning the true savings, shouldn't bother you, but it does for some reason. Why?