How do I get adb?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
How do I get adb?

search forums there are tutorials... but if you dont have adb you can still use the program as long as you uncheck "pull from phone" and "send to phone"

KhrizG35

Reaction score
this isnt working for me could sumone do one for darkslide 4.2??

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
Do you have java/abd? This wont work if you dont.

yhwhsozo

Reaction score
No way to get a link for abd?

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
Sorry I dont have a link for you otherwise id post it. You can use the search function of the forum to find instructions for installing adb.

churchoffaith

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is away to do this without a computer. Thanks

N

Nickchapa

google adb geeze man. anyway so i opened the folder and hit romove throttle and i dont think it is doing anything... so i have rubix focused 1.9.7 and i have the black juice blue installed theme do i use the rubix focused 1.9.7 file or the black juice blue theme services?

N

Nickchapa

not sure if im ok...

i modded the services .jar via the bat file and then pushed them to my phone via command prompt and did the adb remount adb push and adb shell reboot and im sitting here for a while at the boot screen... its been 3 mins... how effed am i?

N

Nickchapa

so obviuosly i did something wrong as i had to restore via nandroid back up. i was stuck in a boot loop. any idea what happened? not sure what happened maybe because i used the services.jar from the black juice blue theme i installed? so im running 2.2.1, 2.3.340, rubix focused 1.9.7 (ROM), black juice blue for rubix focused 1.9.7 (theme), and i used the services from the theme.. i am confused if i use the services.jar from the theme or rom since they both have the file. obviously i picked the theme cuz i installed it last (after i installed the rom)... and idea what to do?

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
not sure why the program didnt do anything for you, i'm going to upload a new version later tonight with a better and visual debug so that it will let you know exactly where there is an error if there is one.

but here is what you can do:

don't worry about what services to use, just worry about which one is on your phone, so do this:

command prompt:

adb pull /system/framework/services.jar (your desktop)\services.jar

then copy the services.jar from your desktop to the folder of the program

open the program, uncheck "pull services from phone" and "send services to phone"

click remove throttle, you'll know it works if it creates some files and a classout folder, then deletes them after

in command prompt again:

adb remount
adb push (location of services.jar)\services.jar /system/framework/services.jar
adb shell reboot

as I said, tonight I'll upload a new version which will show you exactly what it's doing, and tell you if there is an error anywhere, so that you can let me know what happened. weird to hear that this is working fine for some, and not for others

Last edited:
OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
Hey guys, the newest upload will halt the program if there is an error and let you know what the error is, so that you can tell me. If the program hasn't worked for you, please try this one out and let me know what it says.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I am definitely attempting this tomorrow!

Not that i am a maaajjjor bandwidth hog ( less than 4 GB monthly typical if i do not have wifi access) , but it would be nice to know that my 3G speeds being terrible are not from being throttled lol

Thank you DXC!

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

MrKleen

Reaction score
Thank you... this worked perfectly!

All you have to do is set the correct "path" to adb and it works perfectly the first time!

Here is a link to some instructions on how to get this set up and working for those that need it. Just make sure you adjust based on where your files are installed... What Is ADB And How To Install It With Android SDK

Here is what I added to the end of my path which worked for me: (copy and paste it to the end of your path)

;c:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\tools;c:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
Thank you... this worked perfectly!

All you have to do is set the correct "path" to adb and it works perfectly the first time!

Here is a link to some instructions on how to get this set up and working for those that need it. Just make sure you adjust based on where your files are installed... What Is ADB And How To Install It With Android SDK

Here is what I added to the end of my path which worked for me: (copy and paste it to the end of your path)

;c:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\tools;c:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools

Glad to hear it worked thanks for the tip for adb