DXC's Throttle Modding Made Easy

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
Is this only for droid x? I noticed a decrease in speed trying this on my droid 2. I use my phone for all my internet use and it is not unusual for me to use nearly a GB a day. I thought with that much usage that this might help me but it had the opposite effect intended.

The d2 is similar enough to the x where it should work

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

roniwan

Reaction score
If follow the instructions to pull services.jar in command prompt then copy the file to the program folder.

when run the program uncheking the pull services/send services get the following error "can´t find the file classes.dex"

what am I doing wrong?

You either don't have adb or don't have it set as an environmental variable

ABD its installed, on Device manager shows the ABD device when plug the phone.

How do I set as an enviromental variable?

n3wtonfire

Reaction score
When I try to run DXCthrottleMod.bat it tells me adb is not recognized as an internal or external command. Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:
OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
Read like 4 posts back, you need adb installed and set as an environmental variable

roniwan

Reaction score
Read like 4 posts back, you need adb installed and set as an environmental variable

How Do I set it as an enviromental? sorry for bother but kinda new on this

Ubermicro13

Reaction score
I probably should have posted this earlier, but it seems that every time after I use your throttling mod I am unable to turn off 3G (on Liberty 1.5 anyway). When I try to turn it off I go to Setting>Wireless and networks>Mobile networks and once I click on Mobile networks it enables Airplane mode for about a second then disables it again. Kinda stinks that I can't turn off 3G when I wanna save battery. Maybe you could look into this?

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
I probably should have posted this earlier, but it seems that every time after I use your throttling mod I am unable to turn off 3G (on Liberty 1.5 anyway). When I try to turn it off I go to Setting>Wireless and networks>Mobile networks and once I click on Mobile networks it enables Airplane mode for about a second then disables it again. Kinda stinks that I can't turn off 3G when I wanna save battery. Maybe you could look into this?

Removing throttle disables the mobile networks menu. This isn't native to my program, this would happen no matter what no throttle hack you use. If you get the no throttle hack from somewhere else, you will have the same problem.

If you want the mobile networks menu back you can use my program again to re-enable throttle.

n3wtonfire

Reaction score
I've looked at every guide out there almost. I don't know why but I can't get adb to be recognized in the device manager, I've followed all the steps and it isn't showing up at all. What am I doing wrong?

I've set my path to have ;c:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\tools;c:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools. at the end of it

I've made sure that the folder goes along with the path (C:\Android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools), but nothing happens, I still can't get it to show up.

I don't know if it's just not recognizing my phone or what.

Also do I have to set up a virtual device? If so how do I do that?

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
I've looked at every guide out there almost. I don't know why but I can't get adb to be recognized in the device manager, I've followed all the steps and it isn't showing up at all. What am I doing wrong?

I've set my path to have ;c:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\tools;c:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools. at the end of it

I've made sure that the folder goes along with the path (C:\Android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools), but nothing happens, I still can't get it to show up.

I don't know if it's just not recognizing my phone or what.

Also do I have to set up a virtual device? If so how do I do that?

dont worry about device manager or seeing adb in it. what you should do is this:

go into my computer and find out where the file "adb.exe" is, mine is actually in c:\adb\tools

then add that you your path in environmental variables. so i dont have those lines you listed, i have c:\adb\tools

lastly, to check to make sure it worked, open up cmd prompt and type "adb devices" and it should give you a list of devices (which will be blank if your phone is not plugged in), but it shouldnt say "adb is not recognized as a command" or w/e

Last edited:

n3wtonfire

Reaction score
Well that worked, it found a device when I looked in the command prompt, but it seems like every time I fix something, something else is wrong, now it's saying:

"Procedure has been halted due to the following error: Can't find the file classes.dex"

Know anything about that?

roniwan

Reaction score
Well that worked, it found a device when I looked in the command prompt, but it seems like every time I fix something, something else is wrong, now it's saying:

"Procedure has been halted due to the following error: Can't find the file classes.dex"

Know anything about that?

I am having same problems my friend you´re not the only one, same error here

also checking my ADB route it set as an enviromental variable

this is the path added c:\androidsdk\tools;c:\androidsdk\platform-tools and my abd.exe its found at C:\androidsdk\platform-tools

same error as n3wtonfire

Last edited:
OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
Ill look into this tonight thanks guys. Could you tell me if you see a file called classes.dex created in the folder while the program is running?

roniwan

Reaction score
No classes.dex is created

when pull services.jar on command
and put into DXC Throttle Modder folder then open the programm and uncheck the pull services/send services marks
I get "Procedure has been halted due to the following error: Can't find the file classes.dex"

If leave those pull/send checked, programm just hangs and nothing happens.