[Theme - Focused] Yet another Black Bar Mod

AesirX

Reaction score
[Theme: Focused, GummyJAR] YaBBM Gingerbread, Yet another Black Bar Mod

Download for Liberty 1.0: YaBBM for Liberty 1.0

Download for RubiX Focused 1.9.5: View attachment 23852

Download MOD for GummyJAR 2.5, disables data throttling, faster downloads: View attachment 23985

Update 1-17: Added version for Liberty 1.0, based on the official gingerbread addon theme. No data throttle mod yet, I'll look into doing it myself if noone else does. Also, I may relocate the thread for YaBBM's home to the Liberty ROM forum. I'll probably continue to post possible Focused updates here.

Update 12-31: Updated the GummyJAR versions with a black background for the network provider banner on the status bar pulldown.

Update 12-30, again: Made a new MOD version that includes yukmizzee's data throttle remover services.jar, so that you don't have to install it seperately. This literally DOUBLED my data download rates, but the stability has not been proven yet, so use at your own risk. GummyJAR only. Original thread here.

Update 12-30: Sorry I disappeared, I've been bouncing between ROMs and themes constantly lately. Anyway, I've been using GummyJAR and Rubix quite a bit lately, and have tweaked the default Gingerbread theme a bit. This is basically the Gingerbread theme with some changed taskbar icons, and a few other miscellaneous changes. Nothing huge, but I really like the way it looks

This theme is built and tested for RubiX Focused and GummyJAR.

1. The basic theme files are from the GummyJAR and RubiX Focused default Gingerbread-based themes, which I believe were created by Kejar31, based on the official SDK.
2. Data in/out icons, signal strength bars, and battery meter were replaced with versions customized by me, originally from the gorgeous REVOlution theme ported to the DX by Fabolous, originally created by Manup456.
3. The black header backgrounds are from the stock Droid X theme, by Motorola.

Install:
Reboot to clockworkmod recovery using Koush's bootstrapper
mount /system
Install yabbm.zip
Enjoy!

Please post a reply if this works for you, if it causes any issues, or if you have any suggestions for a future version.

Note: a half bar in the battery meter indicates a 10% level, while a full bar is 20%.

View attachment 23849

View attachment 23983

Last edited:

socalocalsd

Reaction score
Works Perfect on rubiX Focused 1.0! This is a great looking theme thanks for all the work you put into this.

armedmonkey

Reaction score
Thanks for your work. Two questions though:

1) which calendar widget is that ?
2) is that showRSS or another feed for your tv shows?

OP
AesirX

AesirX

Reaction score
Works Perfect on rubiX Focused 1.0! This is a great looking theme thanks for all the work you put into this.

Thank you so much for your compliment, means a lot to me!

armedmonkey

Reaction score
The only thing that could use improvement (IMO) is the transparent dropdown shade. I'm personally not a fan of the carbon fiber (?) texture there.

OP
AesirX

AesirX

Reaction score
The only thing that could use improvement (IMO) is the transparent dropdown shade. I'm personally not a fan of the carbon fiber (?) texture there.

I'm not really the biggest fan either, just kind of trying to match the vanilla style I guess. Is there anything you might like to see? I did some messing around and came up with this monstrosity:
For some reason, I'm kind of digging it. I uploaded it to yabbm_se.zip if anyone's curious...

Last edited:

armedmonkey

Reaction score
I like the plain un-textured look. Of course I know I could modify the one file on my own. Anyway, other than that one small thing I think this is basically perfect.

OP
AesirX

AesirX

Reaction score
I like the plain un-textured look. Of course I know I could modify the one file on my own. Anyway, other than that one small thing I think this is basically perfect.

I think you're probably right about what most people want, so I replaced the download link with a clean, black, transparent one with no pattern. Thanks a lot for the feedback and compliments, I really appreciate it! dancedroid

OP
AesirX

AesirX

Reaction score
New version for RubiX Focused 1.6, 10% battery indicators, first post updated.

droidxchat

Reaction score
New version for RubiX Focused 1.6, 10% battery indicators, first post updated.

installed and working (took a while to boot, so to anyone installing, dont worry, just be patient).

I was hoping to get rid of rounded corners though, and I miss having battery percentage within battery. any chance you could release a version like this?

EDIT: I see that you said there's supposed to be 10% battery indicators. There's no numbers in the battery, was there supposed to be?

Last edited:
OP
AesirX

AesirX

Reaction score
I see that you said there's supposed to be 10% battery indicators. There's no numbers in the battery, was there supposed to be?

The bars are half the size for a 10% level, and a full bar for 20%. The first screenshot I posted is 70%. Maybe I should have explained that...