DXC's Throttle Modding Made Easy

N

Nickchapa

not sure why the program didnt do anything for you, i'm going to upload a new version later tonight with a better and visual debug so that it will let you know exactly where there is an error if there is one.

but here is what you can do:

don't worry about what services to use, just worry about which one is on your phone, so do this:

command prompt:

adb pull /system/framework/services.jar (your desktop)\services.jar

then copy the services.jar from your desktop to the folder of the program

open the program, uncheck "pull services from phone" and "send services to phone"

click remove throttle, you'll know it works if it creates some files and a classout folder, then deletes them after

in command prompt again:

adb remount
adb push (location of services.jar)\services.jar /system/framework/services.jar
adb shell reboot

as I said, tonight I'll upload a new version which will show you exactly what it's doing, and tell you if there is an error anywhere, so that you can let me know what happened. weird to hear that this is working fine for some, and not for others

this is exactly what i was looking for thanks broseph

ok so on the "(your desktop)" part what do i type in? this? "adb pull /system/framework/services.jar\Desktop\services.jar" if so im assuming in the computers mind the \ means send to here instead of the / which means go in here?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
Please just run the new version and let me know what error you get, we'll take it from there

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MrKleen

Reaction score
Anyone that wants to try this has to install the Android SDK along with ADB.

But it still wont work until you modify the "path" to allow it to work. There are some simple instructions you have to follow ...

Then when you have your computer ready you can install this software and it will work easily the first try!

I posted a link to some instructions on the last page.

Budman88

Reaction score
It seems Java has become aware of the security risks with JDK, being able to take a throttle off your phone network for instance and it is no longer available for download. Im sure verizon was doing some investigating on why there throttling was disappearing.
I for one have decided to get rid of the throttle completely along with my service. I know they Outline in the Terms of service what you can and cannot do regarding data usage on phones, but they will never mention how they penalize their top 5% data users in EACH AREA by throttling before you sign the contract.

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
It seems Java has become aware of the security risks with JDK, being able to take a throttle off your phone network for instance and it is no longer available for download. Im sure verizon was doing some investigating on why there throttling was disappearing.
I for one have decided to get rid of the throttle completely along with my service. I know they Outline in the Terms of service what you can and cannot do regarding data usage on phones, but they will never mention how they penalize their top 5% data users in EACH AREA by throttling before you sign the contract.

i dont mean to sound rude but... where are you even getting this? first of all, you must not know how throttle hack works because it has so little to do with java, the only thing it really has to do with java is that the guy who designed smali and baksmali put it into a jar pkg, and thats just use to decompile/recompile classes.dex, not to apply the actual hack. secondly, java would never stop releasing products simply because of verizons concerns. third, verizon is not going to go through much trouble to stop a few hundred people from removing throttle among their hundreds of thousands of customers, they probably dont even know.

and just to be clear, jdk is still available for download..., if they ever stopped releasing it, which would be a HUGE deal, it would never be because of verizon

Last edited:

MrKleen

Reaction score
Droidxchat, thank you for this posting this for those that want to use it.

There's nothing you can do about those that are not able to figure out how to use it. Even though there are plenty of instructions out there.

I love stuff like this even though I don't know if my data even gets throttled.

Thanks again

MrSinister1

Reaction score
I keep getting this error message. windows cannot find 'javaw' make sure you typed the name correctly then try again. I downloaded java from there website and android sdk and I also changed my path as MrKleen instructed so I'm not sure what I did wrong.

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
I keep getting this error message. windows cannot find 'javaw' make sure you typed the name correctly then try again. I downloaded java from there website and android sdk and I also changed my path as MrKleen instructed so I'm not sure what I did wrong.

its a pathing problem, but theres an easy workaround. right click the DXCthrottleMod.bat file and click edit, or open with notepad.

it will say

@ECHO OFF
start javaw DXCthrottleMod

change it to

@ECHO OFF
start java DXCthrottleMod

let me know if it works

Last edited:

HayWire

Reaction score
still getting the name error, but Im not sure if I have ADB on my windows 7 pc, or how to get it if I dont

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
Yah if youre not sure you have it, then you don't have it. You would know.

Check mrkleen's post on page 6 for instructions on setting up adb

roniwan

Reaction score
java an android sdk intalled properly path fixed

but get this error:

Procedure has been due the following error: "adb" is not recognized as an internal or external command

if change the path to ;C:\ instead of ;c:\ it just hangs and nothing happens

Last edited:

roniwan

Reaction score
If follow the instructions to pull services.jar in command prompt then copy the file to the program folder.

when run the program uncheking the pull services/send services get the following error "can´t find the file classes.dex"

what am I doing wrong?

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
If follow the instructions to pull services.jar in command prompt then copy the file to the program folder.

when run the program uncheking the pull services/send services get the following error "can´t find the file classes.dex"

what am I doing wrong?

You either don't have adb or don't have it set as an environmental variable