Droid HAS to send ringtones... HELP!?!

NastyNate08

Reaction score
Ok,
Update from last thread....

1) I have created some .mp3 ringtones with ringdroid and want to send them to my wife now.
2) When we try to bluetooth our phones together they can't ever "sync" they only allow for contact cards to be sent, so I need to SMS these bad boys

A) I have tried HandCent SMS.... Biggest piece of crap ever, every file no matter if it was my Blackhawks wall paper, or ringtone was too large of a file for the program.

B) Astro can send them via Gmail and Bluetooth, well seeing as Bluetooth doesn't work... it is GMail or nothing, and that is no way the best method!

C) MY FRIGGIN LG EnV2 was able to send .mp3 ringtones VIA SMS.... how is the DROID! not able to do such a simple task!?!!?!!?

Someone has GOT to have put some effort in sending ringtones via SMS for this 3G MONSTER! SHARE THE KNOWLEDGE PEOPLE!!!

DroidGurl

Reaction score
I do like this phone but there are some really basic things (like this) that are nearly impossible to do. I just posted about sending audio files via SMS (as well as organizing music and photos in the gallery) - will keep you posted if I learn anything.

vRecorder, on the Market, looks like you can record audio then send as SMS. If your ringtones are in the same directory could they be picked up by the program and sent too?

Neupy

Reaction score
I totally agree this is why im kickin myself for not doin my usual deep research before buying something this expensive. Its exactly the reason I didnt get an Iphone when they first came out because of the lack of mms.

pdm0376

Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one. I tried to send a tone to my wife last night via bluetooth and it said her phone couldn't receive unknown file. I'm seeing it was probably my phone that couldn't send it. She has the env3

ntrddragn

Reaction score
im not sure if the samsung rogue can rename file and their extension but i guess for the meantime..you can rename your ringtone clip from .mp3 to .mp4. this way you fool handcent/ or phone into thinking its a video. and attached the file as a 'video' and send. when it arrived on the rogue, it ask to save the file (?), save the file and rename it to .mp3. again im not sure if the rogue will let you rename it since i never had it but its might be an alternative until this problem is solve. hope that helps.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet but before on my dare and every other phone i have used you had to send it in a mms and it had to be under 30 sec and under a certain amount of kilobytes and then once it goes to the receiver they go to save as ringtone or something depending on the phone.

Mars

Reaction score
first of all does the Rouge allow for Mp3 ringtone playback? and also is it able to mount the sd card (if applies) to a desktop? if all applies just save the ringtone you created to your desktop or laptap then transfer it to her phone that way

Big Cam

Reaction score
Can't you just plug them both into a computer and drag and drop it to where you want?

OP
N

NastyNate08

Reaction score
Yes,
I can just dump my ringtone on the computer, then have her throw it on her SD card and go bout it that way...... but for REAL!!!!

For people other than my wife that method would be pointless

lockman

Reaction score
I've had zero trouble so far doing this. I just open Handcent, pick who the lucky recipient is, push menu, hit attach. Select Ringdroid, then music. Pick the ringtone, OK,then send.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
this thread got me curious about sending mp3 as ringtone on handcent but when i go to attach a file it only show the default audio that is on the droid not on my sd card. am i missing something here?

edited: lockman, i have ringdroid but dont see the ringdroid option when i hit attached.

nevermind...lockman.

Last edited:

Jrocka

Reaction score
the same thing happens with mine figure anything out yet