Help Sending Videos

fLiP SiD3

Reaction score
I took some videos to on my MOTOROLA DROID and would like to be able to send my videos to my fiances HTC ERIS.......but , when I click to share I have options of sending it to her GMAIL or Text Message. If i send it to her GMAIL it tells me "FILE TOO LARGE TO ATTACH" if I send it via Text Message it tells me "Message size limit reached". It is a 25 second clip and dont understand why I cant send this little file.
Any suggestions ?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I took some videos to on my MOTOROLA DROID and would like to be able to send my videos to my fiances HTC ERIS.......but , when I click to share I have options of sending it to her GMAIL or Text Message. If i send it to her GMAIL it tells me "FILE TOO LARGE TO ATTACH" if I send it via Text Message it tells me "Message size limit reached". It is a 25 second clip and dont understand why I cant send this little file.
Any suggestions ?

Hmm...Haven't tried that one yet...I DID upload a short video to Facebook though, and Idk if there's a difference in allowance for file size.

Did you try bluetooth transfer? [Not sure if that even works...You may only be able to pair and share just a little bit of stuff...Seems like a friend was able to send me a ringtone on my G1 running the older Android system using bluetooth though...]

OP
fLiP SiD3

fLiP SiD3

Reaction score
Any suggestions ?

Hmm...Haven't tried that one yet...I DID upload a short video to Facebook though, and Idk if there's a difference in allowance for file size.

Did you try bluetooth transfer? [Not sure if that even works...You may only be able to pair and share just a little bit of stuff...Seems like a friend was able to send me a ringtone on my G1 running the older Android system using bluetooth though...]

NO , I did not try bluetooth..........but , maybe I will. But , there has to be another way to send videos from your DROID to another phone other than bluetooth.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Problem found!

By default, Droid wants to take beautiful videos. [Claimed to be DVD quality.]

If you go into your camera, and switch it to video:

Press menu
Press settings
Select video quality [Mine was set to High (for SD card)]
Change it to "Low (for MMS messages)"

I already had a 24 second video in high quality on my phone, so I recorded one in low. The high quality video is 9 MB, while low is 655 KB. There's no way you're sending 9 MB over the network...

Not sure of any app that will change the quality and size of a video already recorded, but if you know you'll want to send via text, you'll HAVE to select that setting. It should stay that way until you change it again though, so if you tend to send videos to your wife regularly, best to leave it...

OP
fLiP SiD3

fLiP SiD3

Reaction score
Problem found!

By default, Droid wants to take beautiful videos. [Claimed to be DVD quality.]

If you go into your camera, and switch it to video:

Press menu
Press settings
Select video quality [Mine was set to High (for SD card)]
Change it to "Low (for MMS messages)"

I already had a 24 second video in high quality on my phone, so I recorded one in low. The high quality video is 9 MB, while low is 655 KB. There's no way you're sending 9 MB over the network...

Not sure of any app that will change the quality and size of a video already recorded, but if you know you'll want to send via text, you'll HAVE to select that setting. It should stay that way until you change it again though, so if you tend to send videos to your wife regularly, best to leave it...

PURE GENIUS.................!!!!!! One note is that I use CHOMP SMS and it still gives me the error message , but , when I sent it on the default text messenger service it posted and allowed me to send it. THANKS JONNY