Sending audio files

bishop25

Reaction score
I saved some audio from some of the Will Ferrell soundboards to my phone. I attached one to a text and sent it to a friend. He was able to receive the audio file and use it as a ringtone. But I have noticed that other audio I save wont send, it says Unsupported Audio Format. Not sure why some send and some dont. I assumed they were all saved the same. Any suggestions?

Is it because some sounds are saved as mp3 and some as ogg? If so how do I change it to mp3 from ogg?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes I would say that is the reason why some are not sending....but I'm not sure how you convert those files...

slacker2691

Reaction score
Try to run the file through Ringdroid to make it a ring tone (will only be about 15 seconds long), then attach it to your text and send, that worked for me. Also, I use Handcent Sms to send sound files, hope this helps...

OP
B

bishop25

Reaction score
Try to run the file through Ringdroid to make it a ring tone (will only be about 15 seconds long), then attach it to your text and send, that worked for me. Also, I use Handcent Sms to send sound files, hope this helps...

I tried RindDroid but when I select the file it gives me an error and says it cant edit ogg files.