Discussion for all 1.X releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian67t

Reaction score
Ok... I guess I still need some help. I "rooted" using the instructions on "root any droid regardless of version" thread. I yhink this uses the SRB (or something like that) recorvery file. Anyway, I flashed UD2.5 as soon as I was done rooting. I like it quite a bit, but lately anytime I use the "HOME" key t return to the launcher it takes anywhere from 30sec to 90sec to relaod the launcher. For this reason I decided to try a deffrent ROM. I downlaoded "Sourcery". I got it, put it on the root dir of my SDcard as "update.zip", booted into recovery (using the"X" botton), Wiped factory data, wided cache, installed from SD, did the option below that ("decompressed" I think) then Installed from SD.... anyway It still comes up with UD2.5!!! IDK how to get the new ROM installed??? AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG??? HELP!!!???

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
decompressed?

Ok... I guess I still need some help. I "rooted" using the instructions on "root any droid regardless of version" thread. I yhink this uses the SRB (or something like that) recorvery file. Anyway, I flashed UD2.5 as soon as I was done rooting. I like it quite a bit, but lately anytime I use the "HOME" key t return to the launcher it takes anywhere from 30sec to 90sec to relaod the launcher. For this reason I decided to try a deffrent ROM. I downlaoded "Sourcery". I got it, put it on the root dir of my SDcard as "update.zip", booted into recovery (using the"X" botton), Wiped factory data, wided cache, installed from SD, did the option below that ("decompressed" I think) then Installed from SD.... anyway It still comes up with UD2.5!!! IDK how to get the new ROM installed??? AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG??? HELP!!!???

well you dont want to decompress. what recovery are you using if its clockwork jsut find the zip and choose the install .zip from sd and find the file and install dont forget to install the gapps also.
if you are using sprecovery you need to chagne the names to update.zip so you need to change the rom naem install than change the gapps name and install ussually easiest to boot up change the gapps name than reboot to reoveery adn install.

but the slow redraws are normal some worse than others all the custom roms run a lot more than the system was meatn to. but in adw at lesat and in ud/cm settings there is an option to lock launcher in memory that will help.
need any more assit come to irc you can get ot it from our website sourceryrom.com

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Boot animation number 2 is pretty cool.. just used it for the first time and what do u know... Sourcery keeps surprising..

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
whoops

Boot animation number 2 is pretty cool.. just used it for the first time and what do u know... Sourcery keeps surprising..

whoops i had that up for my testing easiest way to get it on my phone :) you got a free sneak peak anyone else its gone sorry :)

please do not share it who thought people actually check those out i thought i rotated them around for nothing :)

No I said id leave it up until the first mention so its been mentioned so its gone youll be seeing it again soon :)

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I had perfect timing.. no worries it wont leave my phone but i reserve my bragging rights..

imagecolour

Reaction score
WOW this is pure magic, I have tried inumerable ROMS, but this one beats ALL, Great work developers. Hope you come up with some DROID X roms too.dancedroid:)

PARick

Reaction score

Also, you may, if using SP, just name it update. If it is a zip, it aoutomatically names it update.zip, so you may be naming it update.zip.zip.

imagecolour

Reaction score

You are right, i had this problem once. The best suggestion is to load a new SBF file and then load this rom. Dont go scratching your brain

imagecolour

Reaction score
I feel this rom is very good , battery life is ultimate, rom is slightly slow, i think slyher kernels will solve it. The biggest problem i faced was in call log. Hope the developers will solve the call log problem and update the rom. This rom will stay in all the 3 droids i have.Hoping the developers will solve the call log at the earliest.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I feel this rom is very good , battery life is ultimate, rom is slightly slow, i think slyher kernels will solve it. The biggest problem i faced was in call log. Hope the developers will solve the call log problem and update the rom. This rom will stay in all the 3 droids i have.Hoping the developers will solve the call log at the earliest.

The call log background will be corrected in v2.0 ...

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
3?

I have to ask as I only have a droid not many droids to necessitate a droid rack.
What is the reasoning behind three, one for work, one for play and one for black tie only events?
Do you have more than the required 2 ears and one mouth?
Or have you mastered cloning non human items and if so, if you need investors, I will break that piggy bank faster than you can say, I am dying to flash 2.0.

I think the greatest thing about this specific ROM, is that the whole group of users and developers seem to be a bit more laid back, which is perfect for a guy like me...

Laid baaaack...with my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

I credit GFly and Let the Eagle Soar for that and I thank them

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

I have to ask as I only have a droid not many droids to necessitate a droid rack.
What is the reasoning behind three, one for work, one for play and one for black tie only events?
Do you have more than the required 2 ears and one mouth?
Or have you mastered cloning non human items and if so, if you need investors, I will break that piggy bank faster than you can say, I am dying to flash 2.0.

I think the greatest thing about this specific ROM, is that the whole group of users and developers seem to be a bit more laid back, which is perfect for a guy like me...

Laid baaaack...with my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

I credit GFly and Let the Eagle Soar for that and I thank them

I'll pop in with an answer to your question about multiple android phones, because I have three - D1, Droid Incredible and Droid X. Why? Because I can. Not trying to be a smart A, but it's a case of I can afford to, I want to and I'm happy with the situation. Each phone is different and each has it's plusses and minuses. I obviously only use one at a time, so I call forward the other two (three separate phone numbers in play, here) to the one I'm using that day. I use one phone till I grow bored with it, then switch to one of the others. Simple process, it confuses my friends more than me. :)

I wouldn't go above three lines, with the family plan, but having two backups to the main phone is comforting, in case I get some brilliant idea at 1:30 in the morning, install a new rom or theme and create a boot-loop. I don't have to resolve it, there and then, because before I do a new install, I call forward that phone to one of the others, just in case.

-Mike

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
rom is slow???????????

keep ion mind the standard these days is to overclock the rom to 800 or more on 1st boot. so ty overclocking with the app that is provided and see what you think. also after first install you should reboot any romn at least once not sure why but it makes a difference.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Mike
I think you may have misread the post I replied to, as the situation you describe conforms with logic and reason.
I was reacting to having 3 OG Droids, as he said this ROM would be running on all 3.
Since this is only a ROM for the OG, that would mean 3 OGs.
Much different than your situation. And I have always preferred smart ass over dumb ass every day and twice on Tuesdays.
danceswithbongs

Status
Not open for further replies.