Discussion for all 1.X releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
Ok, just tried it with XP, and it didn't give me the error message, said it was connected, but no internet. I've tried it on a MacBook, also, and it would not work.. It only works infrequently with Linux.

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
gflam,

Where is the boot recovery? I have the gapps zip file on my sdcard i just don't know how to flash it.

Edit: I have the gmail, talk, and market apps in the drawer, but none of them work.

Longpress on the power button, and then click Reboot, then Recovery.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok, just tried it with XP, and it didn't give me the error message, said it was connected, but no internet. I've tried it on a MacBook, also, and it would not work.. It only works infrequently with Linux.
bad usb cord or port?
thethered it here to windows, talked friend into doing it with chrome notebook earlier today and just spoke to someone else doing it to chrome too.

all we did was install wired tether from sourcery apps then tethered it.

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
reboot and usb tether ubuntu

saw comment regarding reboot from magic settings these rebots after 1.2 are now soft reboots so you wont be able to enter recovery through them use the power button for that after 1.2

For those that havent seen 1.2 is released through rom update. were working on a better system for these announcements

i just installed wired usb tether pluggged it into my ubuntu machine it automatically detected and was on the net in 3 seconds.

Not sure what is causing the problem maybe incompatibilities with barnacle. I dont know.
Works with the wired tether supplied in the additional apps.

I have seen comments of it working for a while than stopping. i havent run it long enough to have this happen.

chenin427

Reaction score
ok i feel incredibly dumb, but when i long press i don't get an option for reboot recovery, just reboot. Which i did. And in the magic commands, i used the reboot and that's all it did, reboot.

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
ok i feel incredibly dumb, but when i long press i don't get an option for reboot recovery, just reboot. Which i did. And in the magic commands, i used the reboot and that's all it did, reboot.

You long press power key will pop up a dialog box choose reboot will pop up another and you choose recovery .

linuxmel

Reaction score
looked through the comments.

regarding the blacklist thing coming up did you go into phone options and turn off blacklisting?
which has also been always turned off when i install the rom clean. I have never used the feature so im not sure how it works.

There is no where to turn it off in the phone options. At least not that I can locate.
thanks

listenman20

Reaction score
the phone is part of system...if you use a backup script and restore or not wipe data in between roms the phone's settings can get screwed up.

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
linuxmel

Im starting to think you did not wipe when installing this rom. If that is so than what you may have is 2 different roms mixed into one. its ussually ok to update a rom from itself without wiping but not always from another rom.

In the settings in call settings, not our settings the regular settings for android there is an extended list of options with the phone app we provide this is a lot more than is provided stock. and blacklist is listed in it.
This is not an on or off thing only a place you can add numbers to black list.

so If you didnt wipe coming from UD i would try wiping data and cache .

Sorry about the edit i didnt edit thing from his post i meant to choose quote adn i guess i chose edit.

cujo6801

Reaction score
You got to love my job... I'm a parking supervisor With nothing to do ....this rom has made my day even better

Status
Not open for further replies.