Deciding between Nexus and Rezound

hydro556

Reaction score
I have had a Samsung Galaxy Nexus since January, and really like it. Especially like Android 4.0 and how smoothly it runs. Like pretty much everything about my Nexus, except the camera. It is a pretty big disappointment, usable, but not up to par with the rest of the phone. I take a lot of pictures at the gun range, etc, and that is important to me.

At any rate, now that the Rezound can be had for $50, I picked one up. My wife has been eligible for an upgrade for about a year, but doesnt care too much about phones. I used her upgrade, and the Rezound came today. I am going to transfer her number to my Nexus than activate the Rezound with my number. Going to try it for a few weeks to get a real good comparison to my Nexus then decide which to keep.

I know the camera is superior on the Rezound, but what else do you Rezound owners think I should focus on to make me think I should keep the HTC over the Samsung?

I know the Galaxy is bloat free, and the Rezound is not, but I am not sure how much this really slows the Rezound down in practical terms, but I will be paying attention.

Also, prior to January I had an HTC Incredible for a long time and that was an awesome device. Still going strong for my 8 and 10 year old daughters as a game and music player. So, I already have an affinity for the HTC line, hopefully the rezound will continue that.

Just thought I would throw this out so you guys could point to the best parts of the Rezound as compared to the SGN. I really like my SGN, but am very much looking forward to doing an unbiased (since I have both devices, there wont be the question of someone promoting something they just committed to for 2 years) comparison over the next few weeks.

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
I meant to ask about Swype. Is it available on the Rezound? I will go search.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
My youngest son, who happens to be a Sophmore in college amidst a thousand college students w IPhones just got the rezound. It it's his first Android phone and he loves it. He has had no problems with it at all. And his college buddies are looking to get Androids now!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Swype on the rezound is called something different but can found in settings under keyboard. It is native to the phone & works great but I can't remember what HTC called it.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I think Swype is called trace on the rezound. Found in settings under language & keyboard.

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
I enabled Trace. Seems ok, I will try and get used to it and see how it compares.

Thanks for the help. I had a similar post posted in the Nexus forum, but a moderator didnt like it, I thought it was a legit reason for a duplicate post, since I am comparing it to the Nexus. But, whatever.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I enabled Trace. Seems ok, I will try and get used to it and see how it compares.

Thanks for the help. I had a similar post posted in the Nexus forum, but a moderator didnt like it, I thought it was a legit reason for a duplicate post, since I am comparing it to the Nexus. But, whatever.

Yeah, closed it since it was a duplicate... I can move this to Droid General discussions if you like... Either way, it will be seen by Nexus and Rezound owners because of the title...

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
Yeah, closed it since it was a duplicate... I can move this to Droid General discussions if you like... Either way, it will be seen by Nexus and Rezound owners because of the title...

No thanks, would rather have it here.

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
I didnt have a ton of music, but what I did have I lost.

Going to install a Mp3 downloader and put some music on here, what do you guys recommend? Anything "best" for the Rezound?

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
If Rezound gets ICS anytime soon, it will make this not much of a competition.

The device feels very familiar to me, given my history with the Incredible. Just massively upgraded specs. Liking it after messing with it for a couple hours. Camera is phenomenal, miss ICS a little.

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
One thing I am really noticing is the difference in the screens. The Nexus screen has a lot more contrast. Makes for an overall noticeably better screen.

I have messed with the brightness, trying to increase the contrast on the Rezound screen, but it is just not happening. Are there any settings I can adjust to make it look better, or is that just the way it is?

The Rezound has a good screen, but coming from the Nexus, it makes me realize how good the Nex really is.

I am trying to get used to going back to 2.3.4 and think I will be OK with that after awhile, and the camera is definitely better on the HTC. I just hope I can improve the screens contrast, that really makes a big difference.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
As far as I can see, Trace is exactly the same as Swype in the Rez which, by the way, you'd have to pry from my cold dead hands LOL. I love the Rez and can't can't wait to see it perform with ICS. And this camera is excellent.

Reaction score
I like the Rezound alot. I think the screen resolution is its best quality. The 4g LTE is really fast and reliable also. I had a razr first which I liked but it kept loosing data constantly. They sent me a replacement razr, same thing. Then they asked if I wanted to try a different phone, my wife just got a rezound and I liked it so I told them that's what I wanted and it works great. The only bad part is it didn't come with the ibeats headphones.
Sent from my HTC Rezound