[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (D2G) (8/19)

areuling1

Reaction score
Thanks! The camera no longer yells at me as soon as I open it, very cool.

Sent from my Droid2Global using Tapatalk

srw0015

Reaction score
Like the new build. Quick question though. Does any one else happen to have an issue with the phone locking up entirely if a charger is hooked up to it. Happens sporadically, typically if the charger isnt registered by the phone and i unplug it then plug it back in. Have to do a battery pull to resolve the issue, but wondering if there might be a more permanent resolution. Thanks for all the hard work 13th Angel, and Bikedude. It is appreciated.

stevo208

Reaction score
Like the new build. Quick question though. Does any one else happen to have an issue with the phone locking up entirely if a charger is hooked up to it. Happens sporadically, typically if the charger isnt registered by the phone and i unplug it then plug it back in. Have to do a battery pull to resolve the issue, but wondering if there might be a more permanent resolution. Thanks for all the hard work 13th Angel, and Bikedude. It is appreciated.

I had the same problem with Droid Incredible 1 on Android Open Kang Project Ice Cream Sandwich ROM build 25. Must be something with 4.0.

srw0015

Reaction score
Okay, Thanks for that. Also another question, on GB i was able to find the quick launch keys for the hard keyboard. My phone for some reason has a tendency to take priority to the hardware shortcuts over typing an sms. On GB i was just able to disable the shortcuts, problem solved. Having trouble locating them on the ICS build. Any ideas?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
phone locking up is a issue, i just use Alt-caps lock-delete to reboot rather that battery pull
some have wrote that the phone will unfreeze on it's own but I haven't been that patient

edit: reboot with: hold alt, shift, and delete

Last edited:

areuling1

Reaction score
My phone is freezing and rebooting a bit more often today but I am not sure if it is b/c of the new build or not. It might be b/c it doesn't like some of the other things I have been messing with. (I've been playing with Tasker)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just noticed i forgot to post it over here.

Added init.d support and tweaked minfree values (performance tweak).

Working on stuff for a new build (should be up before I go to bed) so not going to bother with it now.

djwill48

Reaction score
Bluetooth works fine on it's own, but once I plug it into the car dock it starts going haywire and reboots. Could be an issue with the car dock. Will always freeze up and then reboot and then work fine. puzzling.

joojoobee666

Reaction score
Is there a gihub repo for these builds that I can sync so I can build/modify for myself? I found https://github.com/CM9-D2G/ but I am still unable to get a build out of it. I mad some mk edits in device/moto to get the build to at least start, but near the end when all the apps/jar files are being compiled it bombs out due to some (I should say a LOT) of missing public strings from the settings.java class file (and another, I don't recall offhand at the moment).

joojoobee666

Reaction score

Yeah, I was testing that one out but he is no longer updating it. I did find this thread over at rootzwiki: Cyanogenmod 9 [UNOFFICIAL] for Droid 2 Global (ICS/4.0.3) - Update: 2/27/12 - RootzWiki, but I was unable to locate the source they use too. Sounds like they are from the same repo? Maybe I'll ask there as well.

Last edited:

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)