[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (8/19)

TinCanFury

Reaction score
My WPA2 network at work is fine, the network at home gets the "authentication error".

Both are set up the same and work for all other devices, the only difference I can tell between the two is that one is an all numeric password(the one at home that doesn't work), and the one at work is all letters(and works fine).

is there some other level of debugging I can do to try and figure out why one works and the other does not?

ok, turns out it was an issue with one of our wifi access points, I disabled that one and it works fine with our other three. go figure.

Now I have an issue with a video podcast, the file that downloads played fine on CM7, but on CM9 the horizontal sync is all off, like old analog scrambled cable.

any ideas?

SkiCr8z

Reaction score
I just updated to CM9 a couple of days ago... It's like I have a new phone! This release is really snappy. I haven't run into any issues so far. A big thanks to the dev team!

TinCanFury

Reaction score
well, today the CM9-DX-08192012 build started randomly rebooting on me. I don't know why though, and if it is the os or an app.

jbdive

Reaction score
What is the current update process? Does it follow the wiki for 7.2?

Motorola Droid X: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

If you are running CM9 what builds are you selecting. I am still wary of going this route but really need to perk this phone up as I am not buying anything new for at least another 6 months if then due to grandfathered Unlimited.

nullvalue

Reaction score
well, today the CM9-DX-08192012 build started randomly rebooting on me. I don't know why though, and if it is the os or an app.

Yep this has happens to me on occasion too. Then it gets stuck in an endless reboot cycle until I pull the battery.

TinCanFury

Reaction score
Yep this has happens to me on occasion too. Then it gets stuck in an endless reboot cycle until I pull the battery.

I think I narrowed this down, in some way, to having "vibrate" mode on. if I turn it to silent or "sound on" the rebooting stops.

I'm still trying to get a grasp to how the profile and sound modes work, so perhaps there's more to it than just having "vibrate" selected, but not using it has definitely kept the phone from randomly rebooting.

lankya

Reaction score
I just installed CM9 08/19 coming from Liberty 3 v2. I think I installed the wrong gapps. I installed gapps-jb-20120726. I'm guessing the reason why my market isn't working is bc I installed the wrong gapps. I'm downloading the gapps-ics-20120429 right now. My question is, do I have to wipe anything or can I just install this from zip and reboot?

clueless77

Reaction score
lankya said:
I just installed CM9 08/19 coming from Liberty 3 v2. I think I installed the wrong gapps. I installed gapps-jb-20120726. I'm guessing the reason why my market isn't working is bc I installed the wrong gapps. I'm downloading the gapps-ics-20120429 right now. My question is, do I have to wipe anything or can I just install this from zip and reboot?
I would wipe cache and dalvik, then flash proper gapps and you should be good. But if anybody knows otherwise please let him know.

lankya

Reaction score
I would wipe cache and dalvik, then flash proper gapps and you should be good. But if anybody knows otherwise please let him know.

Followed those instructions, I'm still getting a Server error with my Play Store app.

clueless77

Reaction score
lankya said:
Followed those instructions, I'm still getting a Server error with my Play Store app.

Very possible you may have to wipe everything and start over. Sorry I'm not more help, having never experienced it before.

lankya

Reaction score
Very possible you may have to wipe everything and start over. Sorry I'm not more help, having never experienced it before.

Yeah I'm going to try that next. Will let you know what happens.

EDIT: Yup, that did the trick. Thanks Clueless77

Last edited:

ThePessimist

Reaction score
I installed this over Verizon's 605. Most features work fine, but I can't get wifi to work. I can turn wifi on and off all day, and it doesn't report finding any networks. (There are about 10 within range.) I don't see anything in the settings to configure preferred networks or the like. Do I need to install a separate app to manage wifi networks, or have I run into a strange bug?

ETA: Never mind, while the first reboot didn't solve the problem, the second reboot did. Go figure...

Last edited: