[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (8/19)

paratrooper8331

Reaction score
Anybody noticing the color saturation is off when taking photos with this ROMs? I've attached photos for reference.
Left: CM7 Rom / Right: CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (7/16)
View attachment 53098
I've looked in build.prop and media_profile.xml, and can't find the setting for anything of the sort.

P.S.
Where can I find and submit to the bug tracker?

Laundry day I take it?

killrroyale

Reaction score
Likeing the new update. I just switched to the latest version. So much smoother. Keep up the awesome work. Thank u.

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
OP updated. Sorry for kind of abandoning this thread (and CM9 as a whole for a while). Very minor changes since the 8/9 build, only a few things from CM (mostly translations i think).

r0tt3n

Reaction score
OP updated. Sorry for kind of abandoning this thread (and CM9 as a whole for a while). Very minor changes since the 8/9 build, only a few things from CM (mostly translations i think).

Thanks 13th Angel - you seriously f'n rock.

My wife and I have both been languishing on Gingerbread 2.3.4, until this weekend, where I successfully upgraded us both to you 8/19 cm9 build. It seriously kicks ass. I remember vividly how much faster 2.3.x felt over 2.2.x, and this feels like yet another improvement of equal proportions.

The upgrade was a tricky one, as we both were on the evil 4.5.621 OTA, which currently doesn't have any way to be rooted. After a butload of reading, I found a way to get around this by downgrading to 4.5.604, rooting, then upgrading to this cm9 build. I did that by using the self-contained bootable cd created by 1KDS over at DroidXForums here[/html].

So, once downgraded to the 4.5.604 and rooted using that 604 boot cd's included zergrush-based root process, I was able to then get root, boot up, install the CWM "Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap" (which is what read in several places is what was needed for the droid x rather than the "droid x recovery bootstrap" - confusing, but ok), and then finally reboot in cmw recovery, install your cm9 build from 2012/08/19 zip, and then the latest gapps for ics dated 2012/04/29. At long last, I was finally able to boot into ICS. I have to say, it hauls ass considering this is a slow-ass single-core processor and less than 512mb of ram. Seriously impressive stuff from you guys, and from google.

I've had this thread open in a tab on my browser as a todo for over a month now, so it's absolutely wonderful to finally have done it, and to have had it work so well. So again, thank you to you and all your crew.

Last but not least, I wanted to mention the only non-working thing I've found thus far - recording video. I haven't read all 102 pages of this thread, so not sure if I'm alone in this, but anyways, I wasn't able to get the record video button to work.

All for now, thanks again, you rock!

Ickythekid

Reaction score
WiFi Tethering isn't working

Not sure if this is a feature that's been abandoned, but the WiFi tethering is not working.

System Settings>More>Tethering & portable hotspot>

Thank you for your hard work either way.

r0tt3n

Reaction score
Not sure if this is a feature that's been abandoned, but the WiFi tethering is not working.

I haven't tried this, but I am actually using wifi tether as I type this on my macbook since my ISP is doing maintenance right now (I'm using this app - http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.googlecode.android.wifi.tether )

I have to admit, I was surprised Verizon wasn't able to block me, as it never worked on the stock rooted 2.3.3, but it sure is working now - F U Verizon!!

Last edited:

jbdive

Reaction score
Thanks 13th Angel - you seriously f'n rock.

My wife and I have both been languishing on Gingerbread 2.3.4, until this weekend, where I successfully upgraded us both to you 8/19 cm9 build. It seriously kicks ass. I remember vividly how much faster 2.3.x felt over 2.2.x, and this fee ls like yet another improvement of equal proportions.

The upgrade was a tricky one, as we both were on the evil 4.5.621 OTA, which currently doesn't have any way to be rooted. After a butload of reading, I found a way to get around this by downgrading to 4.5.604, rooting, then upgrading to this cm9 build. I did that by using the self-contained bootable cd created by 1KDS over at DroidXForums here[/html].

So, once downgraded to the 4.5.604 and rooted using that 604 boot cd's included zergrush-based root process, I was able to then get root, boot up, install the CWM "Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap" (which is what read in several places is what was needed for the droid x rather than the "droid x recovery bootstrap" - confusing, but ok), and then finally reboot in cmw recovery, install your cm9 build from 2012/08/19 zip, and then the latest gapps for ics dated 2012/04/29. At long last, I was finally able to boot into ICS. I have to say, it hauls ass considering this is a slow-ass single-core processor and less than 512mb of ram. Seriously impressive stuff from you guys, and from google.

I've had this thread open in a tab on my browser as a todo for over a month now, so it's absolutely wonderful to finally have done it, and to have had it work so well. So again, thank you to you and all your crew.

Last but not least, I wanted to mention the only non-working thing I've found thus far - recording video. I haven't read all 102 pages of this thread, so not sure if I'm alone in this, but anyways, I wasn't able to get the record video button to work.

All for now, thanks again, you rock!

While I am no noob I have been totally freaked out at trying this or any ROM. Any chance in doing some sort of desktop sharing any Skype walk through on doing this exact same upgrade, that is if you haven't found any issues? Could pay for some time with say bitcoins. Like you we have two X's and they are really showing their age when it comes to performance but I am not ready at all to buy new phones.

mikey32230

Reaction score
While I am no noob I have been totally freaked out at trying this or any ROM. Any chance in doing some sort of desktop sharing any Skype walk through on doing this exact same upgrade, that is if you haven't found any issues? Could pay for some time with say bitcoins. Like you we have two X's and they are really showing their age when it comes to performance but I am not ready at all to buy new phones.

I recently went through the whole .621 upgrade myself. I couldn't look into slightly a tutorial I suppose. It wouldn't be That great of one because I really don't want to have to reflash and root everything. If I'm ever bored and have time ill look into putting something together.

fshgrind

Reaction score
I flashed cm9 on 621 and it seems like its working fine. There is no way that I am the only one that has successfully flashed cm9 on 621....would love some responses. Thanks

mikey32230

Reaction score
I flashed cm9 on 621 and it seems like its working fine. There is no way that I am the only one that has successfully flashed cm9 on 621....would love some responses. Thanks

you can flash any 2nd int rom onto a .621 device...? the only roms you will have trouble with now days are like.. VXL? i think its called. the vortex and liberty mashup.

and other 1st int roms