[ROM] AOKP Build 39 for Droid 2 Global [UNOFFICIAL] [6/15]

Phiter

Reaction score
Have u fixed the problem yet?...what did u do?

Yes I have... I just re-flashed and re-rooted my phone and BANG! Phone was back to normal. Except for my apps. I didn't back up anything at all Lol (my fault). But yeah i might try this again I'm just not sure which Gapp to choose. Right now I'm on gingerbread I think? Actually I have no idea.. I'm prob on Gingerbread.

I think what caused to mess up the installation was that I chose the wrong Gapp. I chose 'gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip'... I think I was suppose to get this one??? 'gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip'...
Idk. I dont know what Gapp to pick. Help would be appreciated lol thanks for taking the time to read this ^.^

EDIT: Btw 93fuelslut! Do NOT use RSD Lite to restore your phone back to normal. Just re-flash and re-root by using the linux method/boot CD method.

93fuelslut

Reaction score
So u used rsd lite to sbf back to normal?
I havent used my d2g in a year so i kinda forgot how to use clock work mod or bootstrap what ever it is..im so use to safe strapp...
I keep bootlooping..

Where do u get the gb gapps?
I flashed the same gapps to..

Phiter

Reaction score
So u used rsd lite to sbf back to normal?
I havent used my d2g in a year so i kinda forgot how to use clock work mod or bootstrap what ever it is..im so use to safe strapp...
I keep bootlooping..

Where do u get the gb gapps?
I flashed the same gapps to..

I did not use RSD lite to sbf it back. I used the linux method/boot CD method. Heres the link what I was talking about. Droid 2 Global root CD for .629 (not necessary to brick phone) - Droid 2 / R2D2 / Milestone 2 / Droid 2 Global - RootzWiki

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
try this
from droid wiki Unlike any phone with an unlocked boot loader, custom recovery cannot be installed instead of the stock recovery. The only way to run it is by hijacking the boot process (for stock ROMs) or providing an option in the bootup process of a custom 2nd init-based ROM.
To install CWM on a stock Droid device, you need to:
Root the device
Install Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap

Open Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery
Press Bootstrap Recovery; the application should pop up a message about a successful installation

Get ROM Manager from the Market.
Start it, and choose the first item, Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
Choose DROID X (2nd-init) (this is important).
Grant Superuser privileges when asked to.

Phiter

Reaction score
I keep getting boot loops. I'm not sure if it's the Gapps or just the .zip file... I need help lol

93fuelslut

Reaction score

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
read
from droid wiki Unlike any phone with an unlocked boot loader, custom recovery cannot be installed instead of the stock recovery. The only way to run it is by hijacking the boot process (for stock ROMs) or providing an option in the bootup process of a custom 2nd init-based ROM.
To install CWM on a stock Droid device, you need to:
Root the device
Install Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap

Open Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery
Press Bootstrap Recovery; the application should pop up a message about a successful installation

Get ROM Manager from the Market.
Start it, and choose the first item, Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
Choose DROID X (2nd-init) (this is important).
Grant Superuser privileges when asked to.

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Yea, this has nothing to do with me trying to fix the boot loop problem..
D2's need safestrap instead of cwm

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
there is no safestrap for d2 or d2g

that's why your bootlooping

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
lol, if you want it to work, ,follow the links in my posts
safestrap does not work for d2g

Phiter

Reaction score
Wait... So the main reason why I'm boot looping is because if the Gapps??? I downloaded the latest ICS Gapp and I tried to add the ROM and Gapp about 3-4 times and I still keep getting boot loops. I also keep having to SBF it. Gahhh trying to install this ROM is so friggin frustrating D:<

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Wait... So the main reason why I'm boot looping is because if the Gapps??? I downloaded the latest ICS Gapp and I tried to add the ROM and Gapp about 3-4 times and I still keep getting boot loops. I also keep having to SBF it. Gahhh trying to install this ROM is so friggin frustrating D:<
several things can cause bootloops
did you update cwm to 5.0?
if cwm is only 2.0 you will get bootloops