[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (D2) (8/19)

camattern

Reaction score
Minor issues.

I've loaded the 4/3 ROM and am thrilled with it. I have noticed two issues that I would like to help with. I've no experience with Android development but have a 20 year background in Linux and so am a fairly good crash test dummy.

I have several Bluetooth devices and all work with audio but all produce unintelligible static with phone. All were working correctly with CM7.2 alpha and earlier so I suspect it is something in this build.

Recording fails, which may be a known issue, I think I have seen it earlier.

At any rate I'm out here and ready to assist to the extent I can, thanks again for all of the work that has already gone into this project.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've loaded the 4/3 ROM and am thrilled with it. I have noticed two issues that I would like to help with. I've no experience with Android development but have a 20 year background in Linux and so am a fairly good crash test dummy.

I have several Bluetooth devices and all work with audio but all produce unintelligible static with phone. All were working correctly with CM7.2 alpha and earlier so I suspect it is something in this build.

Recording fails, which may be a known issue, I think I have seen it earlier.

At any rate I'm out here and ready to assist to the extent I can, thanks again for all of the work that has already gone into this project.

Bluetooth is a known issue.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

TheWolfLoki

Reaction score
Okay, everything went great installing from a clean GB sbf, but I just have one problem.

I tried using root apps, and they didn't seem to be working 100%, so I thought root might be the problem, I tried re-rooting, which yielded no changes, so I removed root, then rooted once again. But now whenever I run anything requesting root, it says I'm unrooted. I don't know how to root it correctly because I've never had a problem like this before. Does anyone know of anything I can try?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Okay, everything went great installing from a clean GB sbf, but I just have one problem.

I tried using root apps, and they didn't seem to be working 100%, so I thought root might be the problem, I tried re-rooting, which yielded no changes, so I removed root, then rooted once again. But now whenever I run anything requesting root, it says I'm unrooted. I don't know how to root it correctly because I've never had a problem like this before. Does anyone know of anything I can try?

CM9 is rooted from first install. Why would you try unrooting it?

dudemansir

Reaction score
This was a fun ride. Im jumping back to Liberty or plain old stock GB rooted. This is absolutely gorgeous and very well functioning, battery life however makes this for the most part unusable.

Is Boot Manager a tough app to figure out? I'd love to keep this rom installed and upgrade as it gets upgraded.

How would I go about installing a stock GB SBF at this point?

TheWolfLoki

Reaction score
I was having issues getting certain apps to see that I had root, that's why I tried. But I guess it's time to sbf back to GB and start over :/

havens1515

Reaction score
This was a fun ride. Im jumping back to Liberty or plain old stock GB rooted. This is absolutely gorgeous and very well functioning, battery life however makes this for the most part unusable.

Is Boot Manager a tough app to figure out? I'd love to keep this rom installed and upgrade as it gets upgraded.

How would I go about installing a stock GB SBF at this point?

Boot Manager isn't too hard to use, I use it all the time. If you do have any problems though, you can always come back to the forums for help.

The only way to get back to Stock GB is to either restore a backup of Stock, or sbf. If you don't have a backup of stock, I have a GB sbf and instructions of how to sbf in my signature.

kkcr

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to custom ROM's and this is my first time at rooting and installing a custom ROM. I did it successfully at my first attempt after following online instructions. I have a Motorola Droid 2. Never thought I would see ICS on this phone and then heard about this custom ROM from one of my friend and thought of giving it a try. Thanks to 13th angel !! Great work!! This is my first post and I am here for some donation on my part to the community. Because, this definitely saved me some money from buying a new phone as I damaged the menu button on my phone. I don't feel the need of menu button on ICS any more.

I wanted to share some of the issues which I am had during the past 10 days or so. I am hoping that some one can check if they too have the similar issues:
1. I am not sure if other users noticed it or not but my 3G speeds reduced after I installed this ROM. Phone has become faster like it connects to wifi faster unlike before so I am on wifi most of the time now. But still, I do not have wifi at my apt and I depend on tethering.
2. I use camera rarely but seemed to work for me whenever I want to take a pic. I never bothered to try video mode. However, I noticed that the bar code scanner app doesn't seem to work which I think is the auto-focus problem in camera??
3. The browser doesn't seem to work for some links like when it gets directed from twitter posts? I tried Dolphin Browser HD which in some cases is better than stock browser but still both the browsers hang sometimes.
4. I know this sounds dumb but I cannot set up custom Alarm. I could set custom phone ringtone as my mp3 files showed up but they do not show up when setting an alarm. I am living with rooster alarm and I hate it! Can some one help with this?

Are these issues fixed in the 4/3 build because I haven't tried that?

Thanks and cheers!!

NZitney

Reaction score
1. I am not sure if other users noticed it or not but my 3G speeds reduced after I installed this ROM. Phone has become faster like it connects to wifi faster unlike before so I am on wifi most of the time now. But still, I do not have wifi at my apt and I depend on tethering.

I haven't noticed a decrese in speed, btu i don't have any speedtest results to back that up.

2. I use camera rarely but seemed to work for me whenever I want to take a pic. I never bothered to try video mode. However, I noticed that the bar code scanner app doesn't seem to work which I think is the auto-focus problem in camera??

The barcode scanner and Google Goggles do not work here either. Only workaround I have found is to take a picture with camera, and then load it into the scanner.

4. I know this sounds dumb but I cannot set up custom Alarm. I could set custom phone ringtone as my mp3 files showed up but they do not show up when setting an alarm. I am living with rooster alarm and I hate it! Can some one help with this?

I cant either. I downloaded Alarm Clock Extreme Free and it works perfectly. Many other options also.

ArtskydJ

Reaction score
Answer to 4
Clock
Set alarm
(Menu button)
Settings
Default Ringtone
[Your choice]

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

kkcr

Reaction score
Answer to 4
Clock
Set alarm
(Menu button)
Settings
Default Ringtone
[Your choice]

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Thanks!. but, the menu button on my phone doesn't work. Downloaded the Alarm Clock Extreme app.. does the job.
Also, does the browser work smoothly for you guys?

ArtskydJ

Reaction score
Thanks!. but, the menu button on my phone doesn't work. Downloaded the Alarm Clock Extreme app.. does the job.
Also, does the browser work smoothly for you guys?

When starting to scroll, it jerks, and when there are lots of pics, it jerks a bit,
but other than that it is good. Sometimes it will freeze...
I am still on 3/20 build, I plan to update next time...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
When starting to scroll, it jerks, and when there are lots of pics, it jerks a bit,
but other than that it is good. Sometimes it will freeze...
I am still on 3/20 build, I plan to update next time...

Try a new build, there's been a bunch fixed

AOKP

NZitney

Reaction score
Running on 4/24

Flashed 4/24 build yesterday afternoon.

Everything seems to be running well.

ArtskydJ

Reaction score
Hey guys!
In the 4/24 build, the camcorder works for me! The stock gallery/movies app won't play the recorded videos though, but I always use MX Player, and it plays the videos fine. Sadly, Panorama mode is still nonfunctional.