COMPCACHE Working on UD 2.1.0!! [Instructions]

bdub33

Reaction score
I am new to UD roms, but there is a setting to enable compcache in the performance settings, does this not work? Does this procedure still need to be done to get compcache working??

Thanks!

Yes, I had to do this to get it working
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bdub33

Reaction score
Ok, I went through all the steps, and this is obviously working because switching apps is noticeably faster. But..... when I go into Terminal, and type "compcache stats" I get file not found. I know it installed, and feel fairly certain it is running.

Did you type "su" and enter before typing compcache stats?? You can also check in setcpu under "info"

PARick

Reaction score
Ok, I went through all the steps, and this is obviously working because switching apps is noticeably faster. But..... when I go into Terminal, and type "compcache stats" I get file not found. I know it installed, and feel fairly certain it is running.

Did you type "su" and enter before typing compcache stats?? You can also check in setcpu under "info"

Yes. Where would i be listed under info in setcpu? Thanks!

LT*

Reaction score

Try this.

$ SU
# compcache start
# compcache stats

PARick

Reaction score

Try this.

$ SU
# compcache start
# compcache stats

Ok, that worked. Thanks. For the record, most of the numbers were zeros. Should it be?

LT*

Reaction score

Try this.

$ SU
# compcache start
# compcache stats

Ok, that worked. Thanks. For the record, most of the numbers were zeros. Should it be?

Not totally sure on that one, but make sure compcache is checked in UD settings, (I just chose the default size). Then check the info tab in Set CPU.. If it's working, you should not have zeros in the Swap lines.

PARick

Reaction score
Try this.

$ SU
# compcache start
# compcache stats

Not totally sure on that one, but make sure compcache is checked in UD settings, (I just chose the default size). Then check the info tab in Set CPU.. If it's working, you should not have zeros in the Swap lines.

Thanks! Totally missed on having it checked in UD settings (under performance in case anyone else is interested). Thanks for your help. A bunch of big numbers now!

LT*

Reaction score

Thanks! Totally missed on having it checked in UD settings (under performance in case anyone else is interested). Thanks for your help. A bunch of big numbers now!

Nice, glad you got it running.

g0tuj0ckin

Reaction score
is there any way to edit the file to add that line without root explorer?