COMPCACHE Working on UD 2.1.0!! [Instructions]

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
You're welcome everyone, thank you for commenting so that people feel more comfortable making this huge improvement to their D1 running UD 2.1.0!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're welcome everyone, thank you for commenting so that people feel more comfortable making this huge improvement to their D1 running UD 2.1.0!
That is what D/F is all about :wink:

nmoore125

Reaction score
hmm

Ok so Ive done everything mentioned here and for some reason mine is not starting up..

I went under terminal emulator and entered compcache stats and all i get is the # sign asking for next command.. I dont get and error or stats. tried compcache start. Tried rebooting..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok so Ive done everything mentioned here and for some reason mine is not starting up..

I went under terminal emulator and entered compcache stats and all i get is the # sign asking for next command.. I dont get and error or stats. tried compcache start. Tried rebooting..

Just checking:

1. Do you have one of the 1.6 Slayher kernels?
2. Did you install the compcache script .zip after the kernel was installed?
3. Did you skip a line before typing in the [FONT=&quot]/system/bin/compcache start [/FONT][FONT=&quot]line?
4. Did you save the changes to the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]20userinit file?
5. Did you change the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]/etc/init.d/20userinit back to R/O before exiting?[/FONT]

nmoore125

Reaction score

Just checking:

1. Do you have one of the 1.6 Slayher kernels?
2. Did you install the compcache script .zip after the kernel was installed?
3. Did you skip a line before typing in the [FONT=&quot]/system/bin/compcache start [/FONT][FONT=&quot]line?
4. Did you save the changes to the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]20userinit file?
5. Did you change the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]/etc/init.d/20userinit back to R/O before exiting?[/FONT]

I think the only thing here i possibly did not do was #5.. Any recommendation on this?

pyro6128

Reaction score
everything went smoothly. Haven't really tested it, but at least I know its running

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score

Have you had any luck after going back through the steps?

sonnydroid

Reaction score
Been trying to get this to work for days.. The slayher_compcache_droid.zip was what I was missing.. Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
Been trying to get this to work for days.. The slayher_compcache_droid.zip was what I was missing.. Thanks!

You are very welcome! dancedroid

sonnydroid

Reaction score
... I went under terminal emulator and entered compcache stats and all i get is the # sign asking for next command.. I dont get and error or stats. tried compcache start. Tried rebooting..

For future reference (to those that don't know), its:
su (enter)
compcache stats (enter)

You can also use (after "su")
free (enter)

aefde6e6-3b33-fb5c.jpg

chadwickity

Reaction score
Anyone get compcache to work on one of P3droid's kernels? They are the most reliable kernels I've tried and the ones with the 125mhz low slot are giving me great battery life. My phone spends alot of time sleeping, with heavy usage only like 3 times a day.

Slayher's kernels give me great battery life and decent quadrant scores but on my phone they seem to be terrible at real world processing, switching tasks easily bogs them down, I can even pan back and forth across my home screens repeatedly and bog it down. I wish they worked on my phone but it just doesn't like them.

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am new to UD roms, but there is a setting to enable compcache in the performance settings, does this not work? Does this procedure still need to be done to get compcache working??

Thanks!

PARick

Reaction score
Ok, I went through all the steps, and this is obviously working because switching apps is noticeably faster. But..... when I go into Terminal, and type "compcache stats" I get file not found. I know it installed, and feel fairly certain it is running.