Cm 5.0.6.2

Superglen,

In tempmonitor, go to menu->preferences, and make sure you have checks beside "App Screen CPU temp" "CPU Temp Notification"

(...)(...)

I run the 1.2 Bekit LV and exit an 8 hour school day (I'm a sophomore in high school) at 80%. I think Bekit has ULV ones, but I'm pretty sure that the ones on Rom Manager are just low voltage.

Me, I have no preference in Kernels, they run the same for me. But if you wanna see your phone run hot, use Google Sky Map, that's about the only time my phone will pull above 50*C.

Sophomore and you've got a Droid? Nice.

Know what I had when I was your age? A stack of coins to use the pay phone in my school! lol

The sad thing is, I don't even have a pay phone in my school, we have to use the office phone that rarely lets us call because the lines are always tied. I got the Droid as my sixteenth birthday present! :icon_ banana:

Yeah I know but that option wasnt in Temp monitor. Must be the Kernal. I just went from stock 5.0.6.2 to Jrummy v.7 red theme and it has the cpu temp. Thanks though. Another question what is the difference/benefits of using low or mid voltage kernals? TIA :)

Yeah I know but that option wasnt in Temp monitor. Must be the Kernal. I just went from stock 5.0.6.2 to Jrummy v.7 red theme and it has the cpu temp. Thanks though. Another question what is the difference/benefits of using low or mid voltage kernals? TIA :)

Kernels:

Low Voltage: Most used, it feeds less power to the cpu but can maintain high speeds.

Med/Standard Voltage: Probably second most used, it will feed more power to the cpu in order to maintain high speeds, will increase temperature and cpu wear.

High Voltage: NOT RECOMMENDED, it is like cramming grapes down a straw here. Mass power to cpu, and it will burn the thing out if you aren't careful!

So try all of them out, see which you like the best!
And btw, stock kernel for CM does not have the necessary framework (or something) for it to have cpu temperature detection.

So I just updated to Cyanogenmod 5.0.6.2 from UD v9.8 because I was not able to use wifi tether. Now that I have updated wifi tether works fine. However, when I try to update the kernel, the system locks up when I go into setCPU to overclock. I have attempted different versions of both bekit and P3Droid without success. Has anybody seen this issue or better yet, does anyone know what is wrong or how it can be corrected. Many thanks.

So I just updated to Cyanogenmod 5.0.6.2 from UD v9.8 because I was not able to use wifi tether. Now that I have updated wifi tether works fine. However, when I try to update the kernel, the system locks up when I go into setCPU to overclock. I have attempted different versions of both bekit and P3Droid without success. Has anybody seen this issue or better yet, does anyone know what is wrong or how it can be corrected. Many thanks.

Try higher voltage kernels, uninstall setcpu, and reinstall. it should work better. If not, you're just gonna have to use the (almost) stock one that Koush has provided.

I just updated to cm .2 from ud10 none of my apps from apps2sd came over do I need do something to get all of my apps back and installed. I recovered to a backup for now. I tried titaium backup but everything failed with a parse error. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I just updated to cm .2 from ud10 none of my apps from apps2sd came over do I need do something to get all of my apps back and installed. I recovered to a backup for now. I tried titaium backup but everything failed with a parse error. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks

Dumb question, but was the apps2sd option checked (allow apps2sd)?

Don't know why Titanium failed. Try a busybox reinstall from within the app.

Yes apps2sd was enabled. I also updated busy box no dice.

Does anybody know why when a ringtone is specified for a direct contact, different from the default phone ringtone it work sometimes but not always!
Thanks

Does anybody know why when a ringtone is specified for a direct contact, different from the default phone ringtone it work sometimes but not always!
Thanks

I had been fighting this for a while myself, and a few things that helped were running 'fix permissions' from ROM Manager, taking out the 1- from in front of all my phone numbers. ( I noticed when I receive a call the format that shows up is ###-###-####), and making sure my custom ringtones were in the /media/audio/ringtones folder on the sd card.

This was better, but still only used my custom ringtone about 30% of the time.

Finally I did a complete wipe of cache and data, backed up my SD card to my pc and reformatted it, reinstalled a clean ROM, tested incoming calls several times, everything was good, so I installed my theme, tested again. Still good, so re-installed all my apps and so far every call I have received since has used the proper ringtone! Now all I have to do is install an overclocked kernel and hope it sticks.

Has anybody had an issue with text messaging not notifying when set to vibrate....this started when I switched to the 5.0.6.2....not sure if it's something I did or not. I have tried both the stock app and handcent???????

Koush,

Great job with the rom, 5.0.6.2 looks and works great....except for epocrates.

Epocrates was the first and only app i installed after a wipe data and cache. When starting it, it gets stuck in the loading screen. Same problem as with 5.0.6.0 and 5.0.6.1 Any ideas?

Koush mentioned in the 5.0.6 thread I believe (if not, it was the 5.0.6.1 thread) that he is going to toss out an update soon that fixes Epocrates. I found the quote, it is added below.

(-quote truncated for length-)

I removed the configurable Launcher, as that was based off Ruqqq's old launcher code. Me switching to a different launcher is probably causing these issues.

I know what the fix for Epocrates is, I will try to get a build for it this weekend.

Still patiently waiting for a fix, If there is an easy workaround please let us know. Im not ever gonna go back to stock, especially just for one app, I can live without Epocrates but it sure would be nice to get it working again if possible.

Back