Buy Droid X or Just Wait?

napes22

Reaction score
I currently use the Droid 1 as my phone. I can get an upgrade now if I wanted to, but I'm not a big Thunderbolt fan. I was able to find a friend who would sell me his used Droid X for 150 (the phone is in great shape).

Should I buy the X off my friend and then upgrade when more LTE devices come out, or just stand pat and stick with the OG Droid? I love the Droid keyboard, but it's such a limited phone at this point in the game.

breid

Reaction score
I think I would buy the X for $150 and save the upgrade for a Bionic.

Sent from my DROIDX

droidDOES.duh

Reaction score
+2 defense save your upgrade but I have Droid x with liberty 1.5 and Oreo slice with droidx overclock and love this phone now because of the big interface and the phone really comes out to you, I have upgrade in July as well so I'm deciding as well

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Cadillac Kid

Reaction score
I actually down graded from an X to an incredible for the unlocked bootloadet and couldn't be happier.
CM7 > Liberty ...by a country mile.

Forgot to mention my upgrade is in six months so I figured I would enjoy the Dinc until the 4g market gets more phones with unlocked bootloaders

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Last edited:

cpjr

Reaction score
Thats funny. I upgraded (at the time) from an incredible to the X and couldnt be happier. Well until now, I like the TB.

Talon66721

Reaction score
+1 on the waiting. Get your friend's x if you really want to change phones, but save your upgrade for later. Something to also consider, just because you can get a 4g phone, make sure you have 4g service in your area. I just stopped by a store this morning and asked them if we had it in my area yet, knowing we don't, or when we would. He said we don't yet, but should later this year. Not real sure why I would want to pay for something that I can't use for how long still? Just my two cents.

droidtom

Reaction score
I would get the x for that and save the upgrade. Heck you can sell the D1 for nearly that. I loaded the gb upgrade on mine today and it's like a whole new phone. Love it.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Yeah, save the upgrade for the Bionic.

Wait, the Incredible 2 is coming out after the Bionic, wait for it instead.

Wait, the Droid X2 is coming out after the Incredible 2, wait for it.

Wait, the Droid 3 is coming out after the Droid X2, wait for that.

Wait...
Get it?

sir2545

Reaction score
Im seriously considering returning the Thunderbolt for the X........there seems to be too many issues with this phone right now. Im not concerned about losing the upgrade, the OG is getting old fast and I need something that works right. What do you guys suggest?

EagleStrike

Reaction score
I personally would take the X... granted I already have one. Also, a Gingerbread leak was just released and that is a huge selling point for anyone on these forums I think.

Save the upgrade and buy the X for the sake of it being offered cheap and in great condition.