Buy Friend's Droid X or wait?

Universal

Reaction score
I currently use the Droid 1 as my phone. I can get an upgrade now if I wanted to, but I'm not a big Thunderbolt fan. I was able to find a friend who would sell me his used Droid X for 150 (the phone is in great shape).

Should I buy the X off my friend and then upgrade when more LTE devices come out, or just stand pat and stick with the OG Droid? I love the Droid keyboard, but it's such a limited phone at this point in the game.

I was in your exact position last week and bought the X from a friend and don't regret it for a minute. It's a much better phone in every respect except the "rooting factor" and that's meaningless to me. If it's not a big deal to you either, I would definitely buy the X. You can sell it when you decide you're ready to buy another phone from Verizon.

grizcoach

Reaction score
Buy Now Sell Later

Like you I am eligible for an upgrade but can't wait for the new phones. My original Droid is balky and slow. So I bought a Samsung Fascinate on eBay for $138 and will sell my droid for $100 the sell the Fascinate for at least what I paid for it (many are selling for $ 170-230).

Then when the new dual core 4G LTE phones finally come out I can wait a while and see how they shake out then make my decision (although I have to admit I like the looks of the Galaxy 2S)

Good luck

lerit50

Reaction score
Like you I am eligible for an upgrade but can't wait for the new phones. My original Droid is balky and slow. So I bought a Samsung Fascinate on eBay for $138 and will sell my droid for $100 the sell the Fascinate for at least what I paid for it (many are selling for $ 170-230).

Then when the new dual core 4G LTE phones finally come out I can wait a while and see how they shake out then make my decision (although I have to admit I like the looks of the Galaxy 2S)

Good luck

You got a great deal on the fasicate.. haha what was wrong with it :p

Comin' atcha from my fission'ed d2g

grizcoach

Reaction score
Buy Now Sell Later

Good luck[/quote]

Comin' atcha from my fission'ed d2g[/QUOTE]

Don't know yet.....arrives this afternoon. I'll know by this time tomorrow

lerit50

Reaction score
Good luck

Comin' atcha from my fission'ed d2g[/QUOTE]

Don't know yet.....arrives this afternoon. I'll know by this time tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Couple of my friends have it and its a very sexy phone. They like it a lot.

Its a good option especially for that price.

Comin' atcha from my fission'ed d2g