Bionic Price Confirmed?

mdroid2g

Reaction score
I just spoke to a rep at a Costco Verizon and he said he should have them on release day and that the phones are always less there than at the store. He said he is expecting $200-$250. Also he did confirm the bundle but didn't mention a higher price for it. Either way I'm getting mine there, I was going to pre order with VZW but that bundle is too good t pass on.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I probably won't be getting this, but my question still applies. Assuming my next phone is $299. What should I expect to pay using my last :( "new every two"? I know Verizon changed some things but what should I expect for my subsidized price? I'm hoping for under $199 but figure it will probably be $249. Is that about right? Gotta prepare for the Prime.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
. thx mate, lets us know how it goes.

I'm rather confused by the response I got. I called two different Club's in my area and the first conversation went like this:

Me: I was wondering if you were going to be carrying the new Droid Bionic next week for their nationwide launch?
Her: Just a second please.....
**45 seconds pass**
Her: Sir, which carrier will that be on?
Me: *FacePalm* It's for Verizon...
Her: Verizon? Okay, hang on....
**muffled talking to someone who knows whats going on**
Her: Sir, you should call back on September 15th. That is when we know what new Verizon phones we will be carrying.
Me: UUmmmmm, okay, I guess that answers my question...

The second store I called made a bit more sense, but not much:

Me: I was wondering if you were going to be carrying the Droid Bionic next week for their nationwide launch?
Him: Droid Bionic? Is that on AT&T?
Me: No, Verizon.
Him: Oh, Verizon.... um, we are supposed to be switching over to them pretty soon. But we don't know what phones we will be getting.
Me: When are you making the switch?
Him: It's supposed to be happening in the next week, but I'm not sure because we haven't even ordered our inventory yet.
Me: Thanks for your time.:dry:

I've never dealt with the "Connections Department" at Sam's before, but I could have sworn that they have always carried multiple carriers. I'm rather confused by all of this.

wseyller

Reaction score
Seems Sam's Club might not be a choice for me. I would rather get a Sams club membership because there is one close by. Costco is 40 miles away.

Edit: I meant costco not a good choice