How long will it take before something better is out?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
so the main question is how long before the bionic is bested on shelf?

Check out the phone being built by chinese company Xiaomi called the MI-1, built specifically for MIUI!

http://miui.us/forums/content.php?99-pronounce-miui-xiaomi-release-conference-m1

dual core 1.5 ghz, 1 GB ram, special recovery booting that allows you to run two roms. what could be better???

Im not a miui user, even though a sucessful port has been done for the D2G, but this is awesome!

rumblee1

Reaction score
Lets remember that the bionic will be an elite phone for a while even though something else may come out later that might be slightly better. At least for the term of your 2year contract. Now, lets talk about the hd. As far as we know, its not going to have a user replaceable battery. If you can think about having to carry a power cord with you every where you go like I- phone fools, then wait. That's not for me. Would rather just be able to pop in a fresh battery If needed. Also, I love moto's build quality.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

318Droid

Reaction score
If you really think about it, there's not a phone coming out after the Bionic to really make it a 2nd or 3rd phone. Come on guys and gals, just look at da specs, is there really that big of a difference between the. Bionic and upcoming phones? NO, NOT TO ME. OK, 1.5 ghz, 4.5" screens, HD screens, 13 MP camera..REALLY, I just don't see much in any phone being release that really makes ME think twice about the Bionic anymore. The future specs look good on paper but in reality, will there REALLY be that big of a difference. I THINK NOT..JMHO

Last edited:

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Lets remember that the bionic will be an elite phone for a while even though something else may come out later that might be slightly better. At least for the term of your 2year contract. Now, lets talk about the hd. As far as we know, its not going to have a user replaceable battery. If you can think about having to carry a power cord with you every where you go like I- phone fools, then wait. That's not for me. Would rather just be able to pop in a fresh battery If needed. Also, I love moto's build quality.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

I would hate having my battery trapped inside like the iphone

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would hate having my battery trapped inside like the iphone

Me too. Motorola would have to build a phone that didn't freeze and require battery pulls. And its not looking too good on that.

SSX v2.1

EFGantry

Reaction score
Have you seen any quad cores released lately? And what's a "qHD+?" These specs aren't on the Bionic because they aren't ready. It's not like the Photon was released 4 months ago. It came out less than a month ago and it doesn't have any of the specs you want, it doesn't have LTE and it doesn't even do 1080 video.

Haha qHD+ is my version of the next resolution name. But I'm all for verizon, just pisses me off how they have phones over 200 and get their phones delayed over and over, they don't even have a 4g dual core yet. I'm just stating those extra features to get verizon back on the map as not only a dominate customer service and network carrier but also phone. I do love lte though, its really really fast

LOL - he may not be too far off with the "qHD+" name. BMX/Panda posted over at AC that the screen is "strange" - while it's not true HD and not as clear as the retina display, he says that it is less grainy than the pentile qHD. so, maybe we are looking at some type of "qHD+". nice stab in the dark. LOL

also, a supposed insider over at HoFo stated that it's not related to the Photon at all - different chip sets entirely. the DHD is LTE, and will supposedly be THE Moto flagship device on vzw. and it's coming about 2-3 months after the Bionic?? i'm gonna wait.

OP
aramos87

aramos87

Reaction score
The phone is worth 299 because of the LTE and 32gb card then it has 1080p video and reported good battery all you need is a solar powered battery back up
(i have seen them on amazon for under 30 bones)Root overclock and holy crap on a cracker you would be crazy to need any more power from a phone stop looking at specs and look at quality moto has game set and match with the Bionic:blackdroid:

I don't think the phone even comes with an internal SD card... it has internal memory and Verizon doesn't even put 16gb SD cards in phones anymore it uses 2gb cards.. but like the D3 I don't think it will be coming with one already installed ...

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

jchammer123

Reaction score
I don't think you'll be waiting long for something better. Now that I've heard of a possible Verizon Nexus, the specs on that sound better than the Bionic. If its true, what more could I ask for? Guess I'll have to wait and see if its true!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think the phone even comes with an internal SD card... it has internal memory and Verizon doesn't even put 16gb SD cards in phones anymore it uses 2gb cards.. but like the D3 I don't think it will be coming with one already installed ...

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

It does, the details were revealed on the advertisement the other day, comes with a 16gb SD.

EFGantry

Reaction score
I don't think you'll be waiting long for something better. Now that I've heard of a possible Verizon Nexus, the specs on that sound better than the Bionic. If its true, what more could I ask for? Guess I'll have to wait and see if its true!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

very true. all indications are that the Prime is going to be an absolute beast!! rumored specs indicate an upgrade over the Bionic in just about every aspect - processor, screen, OS version, unlocked bootloader, etc. of course, these are all rumors at this point, but there's been an increasing amount of chatter lately, so it looks very promising.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Already things out better than the bionic imo maybe not in verizon but other networks already have better phones imo my Evo 3D is better but then u have sprint as your provider but better specs

Sent from the 3rd dimension with root and S-Off o and at 1.8ghz!