Bionic crawls out of the grave!!!

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
When you say they r ending the new every two that means you won't have an upgrade after you renew your contract? How long do we have before we lose our upgrades because currently I am saving my upgrade with an additional $30 off for the Bionic. If I save this upgrade for a longer period will they offer a larger additional incentive like more then $30 off?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

bplewis24

Reaction score
Correct, if you renew/activate a new contract after January 16, 2011 (which already passed, obviously), you will NOT get a NE2 credit after that contract expires. I searched the FAQs on the website, and it sounds like you have 6 months to claim your last NE2 credit if you are currently owed one: Answers to FAQs

New lines of service will no longer be enrolled in the New Every Two program. If you are currently enrolled, you may redeem your New Every Two benefit one more time for up to six months after fulfilling 20 months of your two-year term.

Brandon

gsdreams

Reaction score
Actually, at this time verizon doesn't plan to remove any ne2 from any line already eligible. But the contract and ne2 offer allow them to remove it after 6 months. They just don't plan on doing that right now.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

gsdreams

Reaction score
hopeful use smaller lte radio

Now that would make complete sense. If you look at the size of the Thunderbolt a lot of it is due to the LTE radio. Even the Charge and Revolution (think that is the name of the LG Phone) have been said to be large because of the LTE radio size.

If they could make the LTE radio size smaller it would make huge differences in the size of the phone (depth especially).

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

Now that would make complete sense. If you look at the size of the Thunderbolt a lot of it is due to the LTE radio. Even the Charge and Revolution (think that is the name of the LG Phone) have been said to be large because of the LTE radio size.

If they could make the LTE radio size smaller it would make huge differences in the size of the phone (depth especially).

I do not want a smaller phone... I have big hands I need a 4.3 phone...

gsdreams

Reaction score

I wasn't refering to phone size, but radio size. If you have seen the thunderbolt it's .52" thick which is almost as thick as the Droid 2 /D2g with a keyboard. The Droid X is only .4" thick.

It would also leave more room for better cooling (if the rumors are true and that was an issue), etc...

There are many advantages to having a smaller radio.

brooklyn2410

Reaction score
has any one seen the picture of the bionic? it shows a picture of the bionic we saw at CES running stock android. the article states that its froyo but I don't see how they can assume that besides the browser and phone dock applications not being green. the notification bar is the same as the one that was in CES nd the one that came with the GB leak for DX

Sent from my prototype DROID bionic

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

I wasn't refering to phone size, but radio size. If you have seen the thunderbolt it's .52" thick which is almost as thick as the Droid 2 /D2g with a keyboard. The Droid X is only .4" thick.

It would also leave more room for better cooling (if the rumors are true and that was an issue), etc...

There are many advantages to having a smaller radio.

Oh Sorry I misunderstood.