Droid Bionic heading towards Verizon

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
There's no set release date atm. Q2 of this year is when it's expected though. The Incredible HD is basically the Thunderbolt. Supposedly, it will be released first.

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I don't know if I can wait that long. I will be at NAMM in anaheim this weekend and I am crossing my fingers that my S2 holds up. When I get back next week, i'm on the hunt for a replacement. Hopefully something cool comes along.

joker402

Reaction score
Go troll somewhere else with that iphone stuff.

As for the Bionic, I have a hunch its coming out earlyu march, first week actaully and they might be getting away from rebates, I got a little memo saying so. Lets hope its true.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Verizon iPhone Feb 10 per both websites.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

This is a Droid Bionic Thread. And what you are posting has been posted on the Non Android area of the Forums .. Please Post iPhone info there not here!!! Thank You!!!

BGKris

Reaction score
haha yeah thats what I was thinking. The Atrix looks like the better phone IMO. Rumor is the Atrix is the Olympus which was supposed to goto Att then to VZW after that

Name he aspects where you believe the Atrix is superior. And don't say RAM because the amount of available RAM for phone functions is 512 for both device. The additional RAM in the Atrix is for the docking function, which is of little or no interest to me.

I guess what I meant to say above is that the Bionic is as good or better in every category that matters to me AND it's available on Verizon, which is huge, IMO. I have no interest whatsoever in moving to AT&T and have seen no compelling reason to even consider it based on the specs of the Bionic vs the Atrix.

well said sir!

andrew53517

Reaction score
For the Android Heads.. a wee bit of poem… Life, politics and the confessions of a Tech addict…

Here is your release dates everyone, well, around that time:

HTC Thunderbolt around St. Patrick's Day (about March 17th)
Droid Bionic after passover (after April 19th).

Blackman works for Verizon (an engineer to be specific), and hasn't been wrong about anything yet....why? Well, since he tests the devices (carries all the soon to be released phones around with him...so lucky he is!) and builds their LTE network too I believe. That's the benifit of working for Verizon. lol

Do not go harassing him for information, you won't get it. If you want info, follow him on twitter and he'll drop hints like this every so often. Thanks.

andrew53517

Reaction score
I know most of us are familiar with Blackman, but if some weren't I just wanted to give a little background information as to why he is credible. Thanks. So April 19th ish it is! (hopefully!)

bug_monster

Reaction score
I know most of us are familiar with Blackman, but if some weren't I just wanted to give a little background information as to why he is credible. Thanks. So April 19th ish it is! (hopefully!)

One of bmx's other tweets refuted romors the Bionic would be available in Feb/March. Of course I believe him, but I want to know the reason why it's not going to be out till the middle of April. It seems pretty certain the Atrix will be out much sooner (like Jan/Feb), and there can't be that much more work for the Bionic since they're so similar (I'd argue the Atrix needs more development time because of the docks). So is the Bionic ready to go next month, but being held back because of the iPhone and Thunderbolt? If so, that sucks.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
The Bionic isn't ready for consumers. The software has long ways to go before it is. Its looking to shape up to something good. Lightweight Blur might actually be useful and something people would like. :)

Sent from my Droid

sb1831

Reaction score

Wasn't he one of the individuals involved in the whole DInc HD ordeal? Just curious.

bug_monster

Reaction score

Wasn't he one of the individuals involved in the whole DInc HD ordeal? Just curious.

I believe he was testing it during that time, but never confirmed it's release was imminent. He has been the most reliable VZW source I've seen, correctly calling for an iPhone release around Valentine's day for the last 6 months or so. He's had details on other phones as well that turned out to be correct. He doesn't give much away, but when he does, you can take it to the bank.

jogo21

Reaction score
So I've been sitting on an upgrade for a while waiting on new line of VZW droids 4g lte phones to come out. Looks like Bionic will have to wait on iphone rush/madness to settle before they release it. At this point I wouldn't mind buying droid phone in ebay to hold me over and get familiar with droid (currently have blackberry). Any recommendations?