Bionic crawls out of the grave!!!

music life

Reaction score
so is there any hope we will see this phone out in may or june? even early july i might just put in my GPS to avoid vzw stores so i dont get the tbolt. lol

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
so is there any hope we will see this phone out in may or june? even early july i might just put in my GPS to avoid vzw stores so i dont get the tbolt. lol

May or June No I do not think so.. Late July or August a Possibility.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com

You do know the date on that article is January 5th... Just an fyi

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I think it is a type o. Why would they say New Droid Bionic? And remember The Mediacenter fact page had the Specs and now this page is that page is showing.

Motorola's DROID BIONIC LTE smartphone, first announced at this year's International Consumer Electronics Show, will launch this summer with Verizon Wireless. Based on compelling feedback since the show, we are incorporating several enhancements to make this an even better consumer experience. This includes expanded features, functionality and an improved form factor. Motorola Mobility and Verizon Wireless are very excited about bringing the 'new' DROID BIONIC to market.

new form factor there is your targa!

bplewis24

Reaction score
Yup,... form factor basically tells everything. Looks like we have our Targa ladies and gents. Hopefully it's not locked down.

Brandon

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I'm waiting on the Bionic/Targa too. When I went to the VZ store to activate the D1 I bought off ebay the rep told me that my upgrade would expire if I waited too long. I've never heard about an upgrade expiring before. Does anyone know anything about that? I was just eligible in Feb.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
later this year

Yup,... form factor basically tells everything. Looks like we have our Targa ladies and gents. Hopefully it's not locked down.

Brandon

they said that abotu later this year phones , dont think this phone fits into that time frame but you never know. im still saying sept or august 28th so they can say see it was released in the summer. kellex is saying it will blow everything out there away. im just not seeing that from the specs of the targa. unless they are actually able to get a more than dual core out this summer which seems unlikely.
there appears to be no verizon 4g anyways :) cahrge delayed due to 4g outage. now they turn off 4g for an excuse to delay a release :)

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
I'm waiting on the Bionic/Targa too. When I went to the VZ store to activate the D1 I bought off ebay the rep told me that my upgrade would expire if I waited too long. I've never heard about an upgrade expiring before. Does anyone know anything about that? I was just eligible in Feb.

I would call verizon and ask the guys in the store try to sell thats there job so dont believe anything they tell you.

bplewis24

Reaction score

Upgrade used to never expire. But they are ending the new every 2 upgrade program this year, so everybody who has an upgrade left get one last upgrade. And I think this is the first time it actually expires.

Brandon

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Calling Sprint now-mine ends aug 6-just got off phone with them-aug 6-renew or lose service-question-how can i keep my cell ph# after aug 6 while i wait 4 vzw to get ph i like?

bplewis24

Reaction score
They won't let you go on a month-to-month payment basis? I've never heard of a company say that you will lose service unless you renew your contract.

Typically, you just go month-to-month until you find the phone you want on Verizon. You keep your Sprint account active until it's time to purchase your Verizon phone and activate that account. At that time you tell them you want to port your phone # from Sprint. As long as your Sprint account & phone # is still active, it should work fine.

Brandon

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Calling Sprint now-mine ends aug 6-just got off phone with them-aug 6-renew or lose service-question-how can i keep my cell ph# after aug 6 while i wait 4 vzw to get ph i like?

Why do you think you will loose service after your contract is up. I know when my contract was up with Verizon 2 years ago I went month to month doesn't Sprint do that also?

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
no sir,called them-they said renew cntract or lose service!now i will call back later to confim that info,but thats what the rep said.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go 2 ANDROID COMMUNITY-leaked pics of moto droid 3/targa 4.0"-quote-"whats weird is they have it listed as the moto droid 3 and moto targa both.it also lost the lip and the edge on the bottom of the device making it flush and much prettier."