Bionic Price Confirmed?

nikecar

Reaction score
Uhh, thats the point of offering the cheaper phone with a contract, if you make $1680 from keeping the customer for 2 years (based on the lowest minute, no text, data plan) then scraping 250 bucks off the phone isn't too hard. especially if they have a 900 minute unlimited texting plan then it goes up to $2640 for 2 years!
This is valid from a non-VZW person coming to VZW. For those already int eh fold, say, without a smartphone, that cost is much lower as many will end up staying with VZW anyways, and the only real increase was that new data plan, which is $720 over 2 yrs, much less.

googlelover

Reaction score
This is valid from a non-VZW person coming to VZW. For those already int eh fold, say, without a smartphone, that cost is much lower as many will end up staying with VZW anyways, and the only real increase was that new data plan, which is $720 over 2 yrs, much less.
Verizon still makes the money from your voice and texting, just now they have to pay maybe 50-100 dollars more to subsidize the higher smartphone price, which they easily get back from adding data. If I'm understanding you right at least, if I'm not explain more.
Edit: After rereading, thats assuming the customer will stay with verizon, and that they aren't going to upgrade to another feature phone if not buying a smartphone.
You seem angry, tell us where Verizon touched you.

Verizon's the only company I've never had a dropped call with out of 4 carriers. I don't mind paying a little more for better service.

Pretty much the name of the game.
Yes I feel Verizons molested me because I don't like to pay more for a phone that hasn't had the retail price change....... I love Verizon, been with them all my phone life and would never settle for less, doesn't mean I'm not allowed to like a price increase.

KJW979

Reaction score
But the Sprint network is junk.. at least where I live.
You couldnt pay me to live on a network where I dropped calls that frequently.

Not comparing service just phones, comparable phones should have comparable prices, already pay more for verizon services, which I agree is better.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
A phone is not as big as a laptop so squeezing all that into a phone has higher cost versus fitting the same performance into a laptop. Yes Verizon has higher pricing than the other carriers but in reality you get what you pay for. I makes no sense for me to buy a cheaper phone when it will have bad coverage. If I'm wrong then all the people still on Verizon must be idiots.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Cheaper phones don't have bad coverage. My fathers seven year old non smart phone gets way better service than my thunderbolt and any other smart phone for that matter. Or are you talking about other carriers.

These prices are getting ridiculous I don't like it.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Phones are always updating. They seem to be catching up to PC-type technology, yet, more compact.
Not to mention, laptops or computers don't rely on 3G or 4G to get data access.

Demand for computers is also dropping while many people rely on their cell phones. How many people update their Facebooks or check their e-mails on their phone now instead of their PC?

Just stuff to think about :)

That's true but phones can't take over computers. Not functional. And there are many laptops that have access to 4g.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I know, I was pointing it out to people who thought Verizon was "making out" by charging $299 for the Bionic. They're most likely losing $2-300 on the phone itself.

I'm sure they don't pay 600 dollars for these phones. They have contracts with these companies.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I agree. People need to stop whining about the pricing. If you don't like it then good, just don't get the phone at all. You must not want it that bad if you're not willing to pay whatever price they throw at you.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

This is the kind of attitude that allows these major businesses to hike up prices...you really believe what you say? Maybe you have a job that pays 100k a year but some people who want these more than you and I combined cant afford them. With verizon data caps, hiked prices on plans and on phones also I'm just waiting to have one problem with verizon and I'm leaving them. As great as verizon is, it's not worth it

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is the kind of attitude that allows these major businesses to hike up prices...you really believe what you say? Maybe you have a job that pays 100k a year but some people who want these more than you and I combined cant afford them. With verizon data caps, hiked prices on plans and on phones also I'm just waiting to have one problem with verizon and I'm leaving them. As great as verizon is, it's not worth it

Agreed, any time i get a new phone its one that has been out and dropped in price. Happens everytime..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

TeeX

Reaction score
cost to indirect dealers is $609
look for full retail to be $659

can't remember where I read it, but remember reading the official retail price would be $589.

But I haven't seen any "official" announcement from Big Red, so who knows...

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
can't remember where I read it, but remember reading the official retail price would be $589.

But I haven't seen any "official" announcement from Big Red, so who knows...

lemme try this again, for some reason it didnt post last time.

I have a friend who is an Indirect VZW dealer.
She ordered 2 Bionic's yesterday after going through the online training.(1 for her, 1 for an employee)
Dealer price is $609
expect full retail to be $50 more.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
lemme try this again, for some reason it didnt post last time.

I have a friend who is an Indirect VZW dealer.
She ordered 2 Bionic's yesterday after going through the online training.(1 for her, 1 for an employee)
Dealer price is $609
expect full retail to be $50 more.

Well that makes me feel better about getting the Droid 3.
I would've payed more for the Bionic but not 200$ more.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums