www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Best Buy Mobile No Longer Taking DROID X Pre-Orders

On 06.30.10, In News, by Kellex
S

Just 5 days after the pre-sale started for the Droid X at Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile, future orders have been cut off. We received word from 2 separate Best Buy Mobile stores and called a third who all confirmed that the number of pre-sales for the Droid X has essentially matched the amount of inventory they expect to receive.

A good sign for the Droid brand, not a good sign if this turns into the next Incredible debacle.

Stay tuned for more…

droid-life.com

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
shadez, i have nothing but great appreciation for all of your breaking news... but what in the world do you do all day? ;)

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
shadez, i have nothing but great appreciation for all of your breaking news... but what in the world do you do all day? ;)

lol.. I work in the entertainment industry and have odd hours along with downtime between shows. :)

D

dhong87

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! i just found out about the pre-orders today, and was planning on going to BB after work today.. this sucks major round objects. :(

EDIT: called the BB in Rancho Cucamonga, and they are still taking pre-orders... woooot woot

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Confirmed...

ico-time.png
30. Jun, 2010 written by Effie Tjhai / androidcommunity.com
ico-comment.png

http://androidheadlines.com/2010/06...g-presale-orders-is-out-of-stock.html#respond

The popularity of this amazing phone has reached it’s limit. It has been 5 days since the pre-sale started and Best Buy/Best Buy Mobile already have a hard time to keep up with the pre-orders. Unbelievable! But what can you say. This phone has been a hit since it was announced.

It seems that the amount of the pre-sales for Droid X has raised the same amount with the inventory that some Best Buy going to receive. Droid X is one of Android mobile that has difficulty on the stock for the market. Another phone that also facing the same situation are HTC EVO 4G and Droid Incredible.

Update:A email was sent out today to Best Buy managers instructing them to not take any more presells on the Droid X.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
as long as this doesn't turn into the Incredible debacle, this sounds like great news! demand must be huge for the X

dakoop

Reaction score
Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing. We will see.

hendrix

Reaction score
Best buy is probably just trying to play it safe to make sure they get enough units in the initial release to fill pre orders. Not necessarily a bad thing.

zoomzoom9

Reaction score
I hope this means they'll have enough for the people that pre-ordered already! Since pre-ordering at BB doesn't necessarily guarantee you a phone, I'm sure this means there'll be plenty of people who get screwed on the 15th...

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I hope this means they'll have enough for the people that pre-ordered already! Since pre-ordering at BB doesn't necessarily guarantee you a phone, I'm sure this means there'll be plenty of people who get screwed on the 15th...

Actually, I think it's quite the contrary, I could be wrong, but I think Best Buy is doing a good thing here, and NOT over-selling the phone so that the people who did order, do get one..