Pre Order

Womp

Reaction score
that's great news(no rebate online)..

REal question is, Will we get it on Friday if we order online? I don't care about getting on thursday.. as long as droid X is in my hands by Friday.. Can someone confirm?(never ordered the phone online before so not sure how long it takes)

Ordering on Friday means a Tuesday delivery so I'm assuming Thursday order would arrive Friday afternoon given overnight status.

Fedex doesn't ship on a Saturday and technically ordering on a Friday would mean it ships Monday.

I just want it before I go on vacation next Thursday. :D

jvmxtra

Reaction score
that's great news(no rebate online)..

REal question is, Will we get it on Friday if we order online? I don't care about getting on thursday.. as long as droid X is in my hands by Friday.. Can someone confirm?(never ordered the phone online before so not sure how long it takes)

Well, the site says Free Overnight Shipping for *any* device if you order by 4:30 pm ET.

So...if you place your order before 4:30 pm on Thursday, you should very well get the phone on Friday...barring any issues with the shipper...

I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than no custom rom, nothing will slow down droid X.

Even no custom rom, hopefully somebody will.........

Womp

Reaction score
Sorry, but once Froyo hits I simply won't care about a custom ROM on my Droid X. Root apps? That's a different matter.

Once I get Launcher Pro installed out of the box, Droid X is going to rock. :)

goldsquare

Reaction score
Preordered yesterday at best buy in memphis tn. the girls said they will call me monday or tuesday to come pick it up. cant wait.

I'm #8 on the pre-order list at Best Buy in Memphis, TN (but I didn't pay anything to be on the list?), and I also called a local Verizon store and they put me on a list and said if I come before 10:00am I'm guaranteed to get one. They are going to send me a text on Wednesday with more details according to the Verizon rep. I really hope that I can get one on Thursday between either Verizon or Best Buy.

Ill be at the new one on Popular. if you're from Memphis I know you know that one lol....

goldsquare

Reaction score
Sorry, but once Froyo hits I simply won't care about a custom ROM on my Droid X. Root apps? That's a different matter.

Ok explain this launcher pro to me please. I'm new to the droids. I'm still rocking a Samsung Omnia with winmo. that stopped getting online the day I preordered the X. can't send or receive pics or vids either. lol think its pissed at me

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Other than no custom rom, nothing will slow down droid X.

I almost couldn't care less about all the extra reprogramming that it'd be subject to...but there is one thing that would kill it for me, personally...if I can't get it to pair to the Bluetooth in my car stereo, it's next to worthless for me. :( That would be a total bummer.

Womp

Reaction score

Ok explain this launcher pro to me please. I'm new to the droids. I'm still rocking a Samsung Omnia with winmo. that stopped getting online the day I preordered the X. can't send or receive pics or vids either. lol think its pissed at me

It is a launcher replacement that closely replicates the default stock android launcher UI only super fast and with a ton of options. It is freely available on the android marketplace. For people such as myself who love stock it is fantastic. :)

There is a huge main thread here about it, do a quick search and it should probably be the first result. Tons more info in there.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just remember that if you use any launcher replacement app, you will not be able to use the "MotoBlur" widgets that are resizeable. They will only work with the stock launcher that comes on the X.

Womp

Reaction score
Just remember that if you use any launcher replacement app, you will not be able to use the "MotoBlur" widgets that are resizeable. They will only work with the stock launcher that comes on the X.

Oh darn.

:D