Pre Order

lcl1127

Reaction score
I sold my droid in order to get the droid x. I am elegible for an upgrade now. I only want to sign a 1 year contract contract though, so I can't pre order at best buy. Is there anywhere where I can reserve a droid x for launch day? If not, what is my best option to get one?
Thanks

dangerous

Reaction score
I sold my droid in order to get the droid x. I am elegible for an upgrade now. I only want to sign a 1 year contract contract though, so I can't pre order at best buy. Is there anywhere where I can reserve a droid x for launch day? If not, what is my best option to get one?
Thanks

Go to or call you local store and see what time they open. mine Opens at 8am i have a couple (hopefully) waiting for me. I know how many they have so it shouldn't be a problem for me. .

If you can't get there when they open, i'm sure they won't run out for long and other stores will have them....

BSmith

Reaction score
Order online or make an appt with your local store. I had to go to a corporate store instead of the retailer as the retailer didn't have the Droid on release day. If you order online it should be there the next day. If you make the appt you can get in the door early enough to make sure you get one.

goldsquare

Reaction score
Preordered yesterday at best buy in memphis tn. the girls said they will call me monday or tuesday to come pick it up. cant wait.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Preordered yesterday at best buy in memphis tn. the girls said they will call me monday or tuesday to come pick it up. cant wait.

She said you could pick it up Mon or Tues? It doesn't get released until Thursday, so are you sure she didn't mean they would call you on Mon or Tues to set up an appointment time for Thursday?

goldsquare

Reaction score
Maybe but i know the a guy that works there too. lol But wont have time to go til wed after work.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Since my other thread was closed (my bad, mods), I'll go ahead and add to this one...hope to help consolidate all the questions about pre-order.

My question/comment was and wasn't about pre-ordering. I can understand why VZW as a whole isn't taking pre-orders for the X due to the Incredible debacle. My concern regards online ordering...

What if someone wants to order their X online, like myself, thus sort of bypassing the rebate process? Will we have to wait till launch day to order online then wait an extra day to get the phone in-hand? Or might Verizon be generous and open the web site to online orders only on 7/14 which would allow for those folks that order online to get their's on launch day?

Maybe I'm just anxious/over-excited/whatever...I just remember Verizon did something like that for the Dare (which I currently have); they opened up the online orders a week prior to the in-store launch.

But the bigger thing is the rebate portion. Why pay $100 extra in-store then wait 2 months to get that $100 back on a gift card, when I could just go to the web site and have that $100 taken off to begin with in the instant online discount? In other words, if you go in-store and get the phone on a 2-year contract, you'll pay $299 (sans any NE2 discounts). Then you send in the receipts and all that, wait a couple months, and get $100 back in the form of a gift card. Whereas, if you go online, you order it and pay $199 for it right off the bat...that is, assuming it'll have the instant online discount just like every other phone listed.

I'm not a rebate person. If they're giving me the money back anyway, why not just do it up front? Eh...whichever. If waiting an extra day saves me $100, so be it.

There'd still be a ton of people that want to physically handle the phone and buy it that way instead of online.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since my other thread was closed (my bad, mods), I'll go ahead and add to this one...hope to help consolidate all the questions about pre-order.

My question/comment was and wasn't about pre-ordering. I can understand why VZW as a whole isn't taking pre-orders for the X due to the Incredible debacle. My concern regards online ordering...

What if someone wants to order their X online, like myself, thus sort of bypassing the rebate process? Will we have to wait till launch day to order online then wait an extra day to get the phone in-hand? Or might Verizon be generous and open the web site to online orders only on 7/14 which would allow for those folks that order online to get their's on launch day?

Maybe I'm just anxious/over-excited/whatever...I just remember Verizon did something like that for the Dare (which I currently have); they opened up the online orders a week prior to the in-store launch.

But the bigger thing is the rebate portion. Why pay $100 extra in-store then wait 2 months to get that $100 back on a gift card, when I could just go to the web site and have that $100 taken off to begin with in the instant online discount? In other words, if you go in-store and get the phone on a 2-year contract, you'll pay $299 (sans any NE2 discounts). Then you send in the receipts and all that, wait a couple months, and get $100 back in the form of a gift card. Whereas, if you go online, you order it and pay $199 for it right off the bat...that is, assuming it'll have the instant online discount just like every other phone listed.

I'm not a rebate person. If they're giving me the money back anyway, why not just do it up front? Eh...whichever. If waiting an extra day saves me $100, so be it.

There'd still be a ton of people that want to physically handle the phone and buy it that way instead of online.

I'd buy on line...but....

I don't think that they do the instant rebate thing anymore. I think you got to get the rebate forms, cut the UPC off and mail it in for a Visa Gift card.

Then you turn around when you get your Visa Gift card and pay your bill with it over the phone.

Womp

Reaction score
Rep I spoke to today says buying it online avoids the mail in rebate, like it always has.

I called to confirm it while I asked about an upgrade question I had. :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rep I spoke to today says buying it online avoids the mail in rebate, like it always has.

OK.......They would know better then I. Could have sworn it says after rebate on line.

jvmxtra

Reaction score
that's great news(no rebate online)..

REal question is, Will we get it on Friday if we order online? I don't care about getting on thursday.. as long as droid X is in my hands by Friday.. Can someone confirm?(never ordered the phone online before so not sure how long it takes)

Womp

Reaction score

OK.......They would know better then I. Could have sworn it says after rebate on line.

Oh it can list 'after rebate' over the price but online it's an instant one rather than mail in. So you are correct. :)

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
that's great news(no rebate online)..

REal question is, Will we get it on Friday if we order online? I don't care about getting on thursday.. as long as droid X is in my hands by Friday.. Can someone confirm?(never ordered the phone online before so not sure how long it takes)

Well, the site says Free Overnight Shipping for *any* device if you order by 4:30 pm ET.

So...if you place your order before 4:30 pm on Thursday, you should very well get the phone on Friday...barring any issues with the shipping company (FedEx I think)...

Last edited:

jrUTlaw

Reaction score

I'm #8 on the pre-order list at Best Buy in Memphis, TN (but I didn't pay anything to be on the list?), and I also called a local Verizon store and they put me on a list and said if I come before 10:00am I'm guaranteed to get one. They are going to send me a text on Wednesday with more details according to the Verizon rep. I really hope that I can get one on Thursday between either Verizon or Best Buy.