Delayed Best Buy launch?

OP
J

JimmK

Reaction score
when will they know how many they will get? its three days away and they still have to call us to set up when to pick them up.... i would assume by now they should either have them in or an idea of how many they got.

thats why im worried they might push it back.

then again.... ive assumed wrong before. ha

magikmarkur

Reaction score
when will they know how many they will get? its three days away and they still have to call us to set up when to pick them up.... i would assume by now they should either have them in or an idea of how many they got.

thats why im worried they might push it back.

then again.... ive assumed wrong before. ha

When I pre ordered I was told come in anytime that day.

I don't think they will be calling you at all.

OP
J

JimmK

Reaction score
My best buy (and from what i read other member's as well) stated they would call us to let us know our Pre-order came in. im 4th so i would hope there would be enough but if i was # 25 i would be leery if i just walked in on launch date and didnt receive a phone call.

magikmarkur

Reaction score
My best buy (and from what i read other member's as well) stated they would call us to let us know our Pre-order came in. im 4th so i would hope there would be enough but if i was # 25 i would be leery if i just walked in on launch date and didnt receive a phone call.

I'm first at the one I pre-ordered at so I am not worried as well, but when I went in at that specific one I was told that we were to just come anytime during the day of launch.

Now that said, I am showing up at 9:00 AM, but my point is that I doubt that this one, and possibly others, will be calling their pre-ordering patrons.

EDIT: Just spoke with my BB. They did confirm they will call once they receive the phones. I misunderstood when I placed my order

Last edited:

Elkay

Reaction score
They are already in the VZW stores in Ct. spoke with the rep today and he showed me the cases he was putting up I saw 20 boxes or so.

Where in CT? I'm in Torrington and probably going to stop by my store tonight and check on things.

Rubi22

Reaction score
I was told by BB that the call will come the day before they want you to come pick it up

OP
J

JimmK

Reaction score
Well if i dont get my call today ill assume im waking up early on thursday and getting it through verizon. ill just use my gift card for the car dock

CCMasta

Reaction score
I work at Best Buy, at least the stores in my district don't know how many are being delivered yet. I'm 10th on the pre-order list and the inventory program says 8 are Inbound Allocated from the warehouse, but that number can go up or down you only know for sure when it says its been shipped.

Anyways they take them in number order so if they get 8 and your in the first 8 your safe for at least the first day. The mobile employee calls everyone around 9:30-9:45am telling all the people who have one set aside from them. As LONG as you pick up the phone they are required to hold one for you for the first day, so just make sure you pick up and then you wont have to wait outside or rush to the store at 10 when it opens.

Also I dont see anything about them delaying the realase date BUT I know they stoped taking pre-orders 2-3 days ago and most stores in are only going to get between 8-15 from what I saw, but again the numbers can change untill there actually shipped.

Warner

Reaction score
Yeah...when I was on the phone with Verizon last night (trying to figure out if it's okay for me to sell my new-in-box, unactivated Droid Incredible), I mentioned to the rep that I had a Droid X on pre-order with Best Buy. He said, "Wow, you must have done that right away, because they didn't run that program very long at all". That, to me anyway, seems to indicate that there will NOT be an endless supply of these things. Why else would they stop the pre-order program, while Verizon never HAD one? Wouldn't they want to get as many units as possible pre-ordered if there wasn't an availability issue? I'm just sayin'.....

Warner

CCMasta

Reaction score
Yeah...when I was on the phone with Verizon last night (trying to figure out if it's okay for me to sell my new-in-box, unactivated Droid Incredible), I mentioned to the rep that I had a Droid X on pre-order with Best Buy. He said, "Wow, you must have done that right away, because they didn't run that program very long at all". That, to me anyway, seems to indicate that there will NOT be an endless supply of these things. Why else would they stop the pre-order program, while Verizon never HAD one? Wouldn't they want to get as many units as possible pre-ordered if there wasn't an availability issue? I'm just sayin'.....

Warner

They do Pre-Orders for all phones, what happens is, all the phone providers dont let Best Buy direct order, so one store could have 60 preorders and another could have 2, but it has no effect on what the warehouse sends. Its a dumb system, but thats why they stop preorders sometimes if all the sudden Motorola calls and says were only sending that district 200.

Also they stopped pre-orders and then RE-allowed them, they only change was employees weren't allowed to place a pre-order. SO im assuming thats what the Verizon rep was talking about.

mapexvenus

Reaction score
I called the BB where I pre-ordered and they said that there was no guarantee that I would be getting my X on the 15th. They also said that I would be getting a call the day before.

magikmarkur

Reaction score
I called the BB where I pre-ordered and they said that there was no guarantee that I would be getting my X on the 15th. They also said that I would be getting a call the day before.

Well if you are in the top ten in my area it seems safe to say you are getting one. I called 6 different BB's in the NJ/NY area just to see where on the list are they confident that a patron will get one. No one said anything less than spot number ten.

IDK how reliable my small sample size is, just saying if you are 10 and above you are probably in good shape.

Like I said before I am number 1 at EB !!! Can't wait for this phone. dancedroid

rfranken

Reaction score
Sioux Falls, SD

Pretty sure I'm #1 in line there as when I pre-ordered it took 3 people to figure out how to do it. I was told to come in anytime on the 15th and there WILL be one waiting for me with my name on it. Nothing was mentioned about them calling me.

Elkay

Reaction score
My VZ store in Torrington, CT said they ordered 22 but have no idea how many they're actually going to get in or if they'll even arrive on time for the 15th. They said they had over 20 pre-orders for the DI and only got 3 in. I'm #15 on the list. :-/

Looks like I may be getting up early Thursday morning, too. There's another large VZ store by my work that was refusing to do a waiting list.

Reaction score
I just called my store in Columbus Ohio, and they said they will have enough for the pre orders they took.:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:And if I don't get mine on the 15th well I guess you will have to wait and see what happens lols.