Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
This is more of a humorous short story then anything informative, but just came from Best Buy after calling around 2 days trying to find one, so got lucky and called them today and they got a frigidaire portable in which I got.. anyways, while there I was looking around the phone dept and started talking to a friendly sales guy, i asked how the orders for the X were going and he said good, showed him slingbox, he asked me where he could get it and I pointed to a shelf across the aisle lol. So then he asks me if I ever saw the droid, and I said yea pics. He said his buddy the other co worker had one and went over to the desk to show me, he asked his co worker for the phone and as he was hanging it to him, the co worker said what for? The first guy said he wanted to show it to me. With that, the co worker grabbed the phone back and put it in a drawer. The first guy went on to tell me that his co worker does reviews and thats how he got it and he had signed a confidentiality agreement with whoever.. I said to him, it was publicly launched last week and everyone knows what it looks like, but he just went on saying how the kid was special and does bunch of reviews.. I could have really cared less to see it in the store.. was just funny.. who knows, maybe he really is some big time reviewer for CNN or PCMag and just works at Best Buy on the side... :)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is more of a humorous short story then anything informative, but just came from Best Buy after calling around 2 days trying to find one, so got lucky and called them today and they got a frigidaire portable in which I got.. anyways, while there I was looking around the phone dept and started talking to a friendly sales guy, i asked how the orders for the X were going and he said good, showed him slingbox, he asked me where he could get it and I pointed to a shelf across the aisle lol. So then he asks me if I ever saw the droid, and I said yea pics. He said his buddy the other co worker had one and went over to the desk to show me, he asked his co worker for the phone and as he was hanging it to him, the co worker said what for? The first guy said he wanted to show it to me. With that, the co worker grabbed the phone back and put it in a drawer. The first guy went on to tell me that his co worker does reviews and thats how he got it and he had signed a confidentiality agreement with whoever.. I said to him, it was publicly launched last week and everyone knows what it looks like, but he just went on saying how the kid was special and does bunch of reviews.. I could have really cared less to see it in the store.. was just funny.. who knows, maybe he really is some big time reviewer for CNN or PCMag and just works at Best Buy on the side... :)

lol so close! yet so far! For some reason I don't consider CNN or PCMag very significant when it comes to tech reviews lol.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yea well I just picked two names off the top of my head.. was sitting here sweating from setting up the AC.. lol

cincycats51

Reaction score
Wow your best buy seems nice...
I went in to preorder mine a few weeks ago and I asked if he had any idea if they would actually be there on the release date and the response I got was "Yeah well HTC doesnt exactly have the best track record so I wouldnt count on it" Oh, I didnt know HTC made the Droid X...
Then I just called earlier today and spoke with a different person, and I asked her when it comes out and she said on the 11th or 12th....My Best Buy is full of people who have no clue whats going on it seems like...

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea well I just picked two names off the top of my head.. was sitting here sweating from setting up the AC.. lol

Haha lol was just teasing, ;) oh yeah I heard you guys in the northeast are getting butchered with heat and humidity. I feel for you I hate humid weather lol