Order Through Best Buy

Drex

Reaction score
Has anyone tried ordering thru Best Buy?

I'm in a bit of a unique situation because I don't currently have a Verizon contract. I plan on switching my family over to Verizon and port my numbers as well hence my quandary. How to get a Droid X, Droid 2, & readily available phone with ported numbers if one of said phones is NOT readily available?

I was put on a "waiting list" at Best Buy and was told "it's not that long" (that's what she said). Has anyone else purchased their phone thru an alternate retail store other than a Verizon store?

Last edited:

Pravius

Reaction score
Actually from what I have heard, there are many stores that do actually have them in stock. Newegg was one of them but not sure they have them anymore (Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!)

Wirefly may have some as well, but I think they may have a wait now as well. If you live in a remote area you can try Walmart as well, the only reason I say remote is because if you are in a high tech populated area the likeliness of them having the phones is slim to none.

As far as I know however the Droid 2 is readily available pretty much everywhere.

EDIT: Nice drop on the "That's what she said" Well played!

Last edited:
OP
D

Drex

Reaction score
Just got a call from Best Buy saying they have an X available for me to pickup. Guess I'll be shelling out some $$$ today.

I was placed on the waiting list on Tuesday of this week.