Delayed Best Buy launch?

JeepJockey

Reaction score
Just got my call from BBY in Madison, Tn. 11:30 appointment for tomorrow to pick up X. dancedroid

mapexvenus

Reaction score
I got the call from BB for my pick up tomorrow. I called Verizon to cancel the hold i had asked them to place on an X (if BB didn't come through) and the verizon rep taking my call gave me this spiel about how i wouldn't be able bring the phone to VZ if i had problems and that i would have to go to BB for any issues with the device. This in and of itself is fine with me, but i was wondering if there we're specific risks in buying the phone from BB.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I got the call from BB for my pick up tomorrow. I called Verizon to cancel the hold i had asked them to place on an X (if BB didn't come through) and the verizon rep taking my call gave me this spiel about how i wouldn't be able bring the phone to VZ if i had problems and that i would have to go to BB for any issues with the device. This in and of itself is fine with me, but i was wondering if there we're specific risks in buying the phone from BB.

Thats got to be a crock, he just wanted the commission. BB Mobile is an authorized VZW dealer, shouldnt matter where you buy.

Orio

Reaction score

It's still Verizon...you still have a warranty. I guess if you wanted to return it within 30 days you would have to go back to Best Buy...but I couldn't imagine any more that that.

magikmarkur

Reaction score

Yea I was told directly by VZW that no matter where you get a device from it it is an authorized dealer its just like buying it from VZW they honor all warranty issues and such.

mapexvenus

Reaction score

It's still Verizon...you still have a warranty. I guess if you wanted to return it within 30 days you would have to go back to Best Buy...but I couldn't imagine any more that that.

Yea I was told directly by VZW that no matter where you get a device from it it is an authorized dealer its just like buying it from VZW they honor all warranty issues and such.

And here is another piece of crock from VZW: When I initially called them (the store) about the X they said that they would be shipping it to me overnight. When I called earlier today to cancel (because I got the call from BB about my pre-order) I was told that there was no way they could have been shipping it and all they were doing was putting one on hold in the store. Does this mean that the guy who took my 'order' and promised to ship was also BS'ing me?

TheBoyPat

Reaction score
So my bestbuy got 4 devices in and I'm number 5. What in the hell...I think I'm going to order it from Verizon online...

zook_b

Reaction score
So my BB didn't get them in today. Meaning tomorrow morning my store won't have them for ANY customers. Such a disappointment. Hopefully they come in tomorrow but that's still bad business in my eyes.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So my BB didn't get them in today. Meaning tomorrow morning my store won't have them for ANY customers. Such a disappointment. Hopefully they come in tomorrow but that's still bad business in my eyes.

where do u live? is it like a remote best buy that no one ever shops at lol or was it just a mess up on their part?

zook_b

Reaction score
It's a stand alone Best Buy Mobile. The big box next to us got theirs. We just didn't get ours.

Warner

Reaction score
I JUST called my local Best Buy and here's what the guy told me. They generally only call to make appointments when they have more than 10 people on the pre-order list. He said they only have 4 people on the pre-order list for the Droid X so they won't be making appointments....just holding the phones for those 4 people the first day.

When I asked him if he knew anything about the delayed release, he told me that they have NOT received their shipment of Droid X's yet, but told me to call tonight about 5 or 6 to see if they came in with today's shipment, which he said usually arrives around 4pm. So the release for Best Buy MAY be delayed. He said he didn't receive any official e-mail stating that the release IS delayed, but if they don't get them in with the shipment tonight, they probably WILL be delayed.

Warner

Okay, so as instructed I called at 5:30 to see if they got any Droid X's in their shipment today. After waiting literally 15 minutes on hold, telling no less than 3 different people on the other end that I was simply interested in finding out if they got any X's in. The first girl thought she had me when she said, "The only Droid X's we got in were for people who pre-ordered them", to which I replied, "I DID pre order". Then she put me on an EXTENDED hold. After the 3rd guy got on the line, I told him that I had been on hold for 15 minutes and he was the 3rd person that I had spoken with. He then finally gave me a definite answer. He told me that of the 3,000 items that came in on their truck today they got exactly TWO Droid X's and that if I was one of the top 2 who pre ordered, I was in good shape. Luckily for me, I was the FIRST one who pre ordered. But wow....TWO freakin' phones? Does it look like there is going to be an availability issue with these guys?

Warner

Reaction score
I can't speak for Best Buy or another 3rd Part Reseller, however I read a huge article somewhere (wish I could link it) where it stated that Verizon has a TON of these phones in the warehouse in case the storefronts run out of them, they can quickly (by the time the stores open the next day) replenish stock in-store.

With all of the problems Apple is having with the iPhoney 4, it is in Verizon's and Motorola's best interest to make this launch have as few issues with supply as possible.