Battery Life

Mizzdimpl3z

Reaction score
:)So I just got my TB today and noticed that the battery is draining fast!!! any recommendations on how to better manage apps and such so that battery can last longer. Any other tips are also welcome!

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
There is a section for TB battery under thunderbolt thread

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

jellybean420

Reaction score
:)So I just got my TB today and noticed that the battery is draining fast!!! any recommendations on how to better manage apps and such so that battery can last longer. Any other tips are also welcome!

Fully charge it, drain to about 5% then fully charge it. Repeat and your battery life should improve. I ran mine for about 12 hours with 6hours of heavy use.

Sent From My Thunderbolt

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score

Fully charge it, drain to about 5% then fully charge it. Repeat and your battery life should improve. I ran mine for about 12 hours with 6hours of heavy use.

Sent From My Thunderbolt

+1

actually if you fully charge it and then some, then let it drain completely.. it should properly calibrate it as well.. (show the right percentages)

i went from 630am til 10pm on a single charge.. listened to mp3s all day at work too..

BigMcGuire

Reaction score

Just realize that the battery needs to learn itself. So the first handfull of times you use it, it will drop to 70% faster than you can say "WTF?" but it should last a good 6-10 hours until it turns red. The battery indicator needs to be calibrated so use it for a week before you start trusting it. Then you'll notice it lasting longer and longer.

As other posters said, you can bump charge it - charge it up, take it off the charger for a minute, and plug it back in (wait an hour or so till it turns green) and repeat.

Basically, realize that the first 20% are going to drop in an hour, but the rest should last a good 5-10 hours depending on your use. Example, when I got my phone I said screw the battery % indicator, took it off the charger and used it till it went red. The first 20% went out in about an hour. But the phone lasted for about 11 hours before I got to 15% with some serious usage (HD videos, uploading them to youtube, constant texting).