Battery life?

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
I want one but have just one major concern, the 1400 mah battery. I had an incredible, loved it, ended up switching to the x for the better battery life.
The dinc had a 1300 mah battery and life was around 6 hours Max with the heavy use I put it threw. So I'm worried the TB will suck it down even faster with the bigger, better screen and 4g.
I'm not a fan of shelling out bucks for an extended battery or having a stupid replacement back cover that makes the phone thicker and, cases useless.
Soooooo..... WHY 1400MAH???? come on HTC. The bionic will have 1950mah (and surely need it) so why are all these hardware improvements outpacing battery improvements?
Sorry for the rant I'm just having flashbacks from the last HTC I had. Hope this is not as bad as I think it will be. Do you?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
HTC is known for not putting exactly desirable batteries in their phones. If batt life is your main concern i woud wait for reviews rather than buy it on launch.

OP
Jessesmith888

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
Well I guess if it was my MAIN concern I'd get a little flip phone. The facto the matter is I want this phone and hardly need a review to know short the battery life will be. I live in an area with Verizon's lte and just want to say WHY 1400MAH? AND WTF???

Munstir

Reaction score
Well I guess if it was my MAIN concern I'd get a little flip phone. The facto the matter is I want this phone and hardly need a review to know short the battery life will be. I live in an area with Verizon's lte and just want to say WHY 1400MAH? AND WTF???

Once the phone gets rooted things should look hopeful, at least I believe so my old droid 1 would die in 8 hours of use, I rooted it and fixed it up and it ran for almost 14 hours without dying nearly double the life. Don't know what battery it had either.

But even if you can always buy another battery for cheap online and when that one dies have the spare with you and switch them out.

OP
Jessesmith888

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
You see!? Wait for reviews, extra battery, root..... why is it up to us as Droid users to come up with the solution, time, and most often the money to get the most out for our droids? Why isn't the battery being upgraded just as fast at the other hardware? This thing comes with a 32gb micro SD that didn't exist a year ago. Why not just a little better batteries in these things? They exist just put em in!

OP
Jessesmith888

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
I'm sure they do.. again to my point. Why do we have to buy one in the first place?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
BECAUSE THESE PHONES ARE BATTERY HOGS, END OF STORY.

A CLAMSHELL DUMB PHONE IS LIKE A HYBRID. WOULD YOU BUY SOME TOYOTA HYBRID CAR AND EXPECT 50 MPG? OF COURSE

A GOOD SMARTPHONE IS LIKE A FERRARI. WOULD YOU BUY THE FERRARI, RUN IT AT 140 MPH ALL DAY, AND EXPECT TO STILL GET 50 MPG? OF COURSE NOT!!!!

Either LEARN to use your phone LESS, have more batteries, always be able to plug your phone in, or shut up! I'm sick of people blaming manufacturers for their own problems, it's like that obese guy who sued mcdonalds because he couldnt put down the ****ing food!

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

Munstir

Reaction score
BECAUSE THESE PHONES ARE BATTERY HOGS, END OF STORY.

A CLAMSHELL DUMB PHONE IS LIKE A HYBRID. WOULD YOU BUY SOME TOYOTA HYBRID CAR AND EXPECT 50 MPG? OF COURSE

A GOOD SMARTPHONE IS LIKE A FERRARI. WOULD YOU BUY THE FERRARI, RUN IT AT 140 MPH ALL DAY, AND EXPECT TO STILL GET 50 MPG? OF COURSE NOT!!!!

Either LEARN to use your phone LESS, have more batteries, always be able to plug your phone in, or shut up! I'm sick of people blaming manufacturers for their own problems, it's like that obese guy who sued mcdonalds because he couldnt put down the ****ing food!

Someone needs to relax the guy was curious and asked question just let him be. Why waste the time to ***** instead of giving a simple answer. It's really not a big deal.

OP
Jessesmith888

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
Haha a little angry? To stick with you analogy then, why are they putting a 4 cylinder in my Ferrari and making me upgrade to a v12 when they could have just put it in there to begin with? Lol or carry a spare just so I can make it up a hill after a long day! That's what this phone will be! A Ferrari with a 4 cylinder. They should have went with something bigger.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Your anology is wrong.

The processor would be the engine, the gas tank would be the battery.

Consider the 1 Ghz+ (and now dual core) processors with embedded gfx cores as hungry, loud, powerful high revving v8s.

Now there are accepted sizes for phones. People just wont buy a 2 pound 5 inch x 6 inch monster. There is only so much they can cram into a small space while still maintaining the perception of a phone. Also price is an issue, and like someone pointed out, there is already an extended battery for it.

Would you really want to pay more than 600 dollars for a phone from the manufacturer? Learn to use it less, get another battery, or stop blaming them.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
For the record i can get over 6 hours of constant use with my extended battery, phone at 1.2 Ghz, and this was before i started using fission.

I have no problems lol. After some tweaks, some root programs, and the like, i can go more than a day without charging while making a few short calls, texting a lot, and 3G traffic + games and music.

OP
Jessesmith888

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
Ok so seidio is selling a 1600mah battery for 49.99. $50 for an 200mah, that's what gets me. A high end awesome phone and they skimp on the battery. As spec hungry as we all are these days dosnt HTC read reviews of there own products? I'd say 90% of negative reviews on the dinc were due to battery life.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Just wait for it to come out, and the reviews to roll through, and more companies to make accessories for it.

motty69

Reaction score
Ok so seidio is selling a 1600mah battery for 49.99. $50 for an 200mah, that's what gets me. A high end awesome phone and they skimp on the battery. As spec hungry as we all are these days dosnt HTC read reviews of there own products? I'd say 90% of negative reviews on the dinc were due to battery life.

While I was hoping to see an 1800 mah from Seidio, it's not really $50 for 200, it's $50 for a second battery with 200 more. It's not like you have to trade in your stock battery or something.

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App