Extended Battery for Thunderbolt

stopswitch

Reaction score
I have pretty much had the extended battery since launch, and it goes through weird cycles of lasting long and not lasting so good. My trick is to always charge at night when I'm asleep followed by resetting battery stats every week and doing them nice full charge. Always make sure to charge using a 850 miliamp charger or better (or you will wait forever). The stock charger is a 1amp charger.

I get at least a good sixteen hours of very heavy LTE usage. I'm running a stock kernel with virusrom.

ghostofdavid

Reaction score
Amazon.com: HTC VERIZON THUNDERBOLT 4G LTE 2x1700mAh Battery better than OEM (35H00142-07M) + Wall Travel Dock USB Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories
HTC Thunderbolt Verizon 1700mAh 2 Battery+Dock USB CHGR - eBay (item 320679484807 end time May-01-11 15:24:17 PDT)

New battery size available - 1700 mAh. You get 2 and a charger for $50-55. If anyone decides to purchase this set, be sure to let us know how they do. They look like they are made by HTC, and they say Merge and MyTouch 4G on the side, but not Thunderbolt. They do have a photo showing it fitting the Thunderbolt with the stock door though. I am a little hesitant, but these are not the same "cheapos" we've been seeing on ebay so far, so I'm very curious to hear how they perform.

And yet right in the technical details it says:
Capacity: 1500 mAh; (Compatible model BD42100,PD42100,35H00142-07M)
There's a thread on this battery in the tb accessories forum. Someone downloaded an app that displays the battery mAh and the "1700" one displayed at 1350, the same as the stock battery.

Do you know the name of the app?

davidwilp

Reaction score
I have pretty much had the extended battery since launch, and it goes through weird cycles of lasting long and not lasting so good. My trick is to always charge at night when I'm asleep followed by resetting battery stats every week and doing them nice full charge. Always make sure to charge using a 850 miliamp charger or better (or you will wait forever). The stock charger is a 1amp charger.

I get at least a good sixteen hours of very heavy LTE usage. I'm running a stock kernel with virusrom.

Then the stock charger (1 amp as you said) is more than the 850 ma you suggested.

Viper Daimao

Reaction score

musculature

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find the 2750 battery online? It seems to be sold out everywhere. :(

rockula

Reaction score
Jason,
Not a problem. I'll take some better ones tomorrow after work.

Any luck on those pix? I'd love to put this case on my phone. That being said, I just orderded a total body skin from Bestskinever, so maybe I won't need to hack this one up. Or at least... I have nothing to lose trying it myself?!

BGKris

Reaction score
Jason,
Not a problem. I'll take some better ones tomorrow after work.

Any luck on those pix? I'd love to put this case on my phone. That being said, I just orderded a total body skin from Bestskinever, so maybe I won't need to hack this one up. Or at least... I have nothing to lose trying it myself?!

I posted this over at XDA. I found a complete rubbber case that covers the battery.

Rubberized Case with Extended Battery Support - xda-developers

HTC Thunderbolt Rubberized Case with Extended Battery Support

musculature

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find the 2750 battery online? It seems to be sold out everywhere. :(

Try going to Verizon's website and keep checking on there every day and order it when it becomes available or check eBay too.

Good news: got it on amazon for a good price!

Shipping Speed: FREE Super Saver Shipping
Order Total: $44.69

Bad news: Temporarily out of stock. :painkiller: