Battery life?

Reaction score
Imagine if they invested in buying or having manufactured a larger battery into the phone.

The thing is already reportedly $730

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

Ok, I did. Now what is your point? Sure, it would cost a little extra to put a bigger battery in the phone, but not that much extra (certainly not nearly as much as we pay at retail for a larger one). It would definitely be worth it in goodwill to not have people complaining in stores and on the internet and to their friends and family, and returning the phone because they cannot get a full day's use out of it.

I don't care how much it costs at retail price, I'm getting it on my contract upgrade. Paying full price for the TB is for suckers, whether its $600 or $900. And actually, the 2 rumors of price are $630 and $750, but nothing is official yet.

Russ2387

Reaction score
My point is either dont get the phone, learn how to extend your battery life through usage, or stop complaining. You as the consumer have the liberty of choice to either read up about a phone from reviews and get it or not. You make the decision of buying it.

A fool? Yes. An idiot? Probably. An angry forumer who knows what kind of hoops manufacturers have to go through to balance price, performance, demand, and competitiveness? Definitely.

I apologize for my rude response. not cool. You have a point, do your homework. but I did do it, and I want the tb. Just not the bad battery life. I was hoping they could do a bit better on that one point. it would be worth the extra $20-$30

figgy55

Reaction score
If it helps, my friend has an Htc HD7, and if you arent familiar with this phone its built a lot like the t-bolt. It has the large screen and all. My friend gets pretty good battery life from it with just a 1230 mah battery. He uses it moderately throughout the day, texting, calling, browsing and gaming. I know the HD7 doesn't have to deal with 4g but its something to think about! maybe the battery life wont be awful..

want a droid

Reaction score
If it's a matter of cost, I would be very willing to get a smaller memory card and get a higher battery. I would much rather monitor my memory card space and usage than monitor my battery usage.

If presented with 32GB, 1400mAh TB and 16GB, 1600mAh TB I would choose the latter without hesitation. Even for just that extra 200mAh.

In my opinion spending $50 for 200mAh more (seidio) is not worth it. I'll most likely end up with multiple chargers/charging my phone all the time.

Thoughts on smaller memory card for bigger battery?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
If it's a matter of cost, I would be very willing to get a smaller memory card and get a higher battery. I would much rather monitor my memory card space and usage than monitor my battery usage.

If presented with 32GB, 1400mAh TB and 16GB, 1600mAh TB I would choose the latter without hesitation. Even for just that extra 200mAh.

In my opinion spending $50 for 200mAh more (seidio) is not worth it. I'll most likely end up with multiple chargers/charging my phone all the time.

Thoughts on smaller memory card for bigger battery?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

I agree. I am not a heavy user of mobile devices in the first place. That 32 gb card will NEVER get filled up(by me at least). I would trade the 32 gb card for a 8gb car with a 16 or 1700 bat

Sniper_5

Reaction score
To answer an earlier post at the beginning of the thread, the D1 has a 1240/1450mah battery (written exactly as it is on the battery, dont ask me why it has two numbers, just does...) Something tells me after all the complaints about the Incredible's "wonderful" battery life Im sure HTC lived and learned. At least I hope so lol. Hopefully we'll see some better software to extend the battery life, and the battery MAY even be swap-able with the Inc, giving those who upgrade from it, to the TB, a second battery right off the bat(just a thought).

Russ2387

Reaction score
really hoping seidio comes out with a 3500 battery like they did for the evo

metzor

Reaction score
Personally I don't think the battery life will be that big of a shock. My D1 can barely make it through the day as it is if (heaven forbid) I use it for anything other than texting and light web browsing. Of course it'd be nice to have the best battery life we can get, and yes you can do things to reduce battery consumption, but the days where you can leave your house in the morning and expect to get 24 hours of heavy use out of your phone are long gone. I carry a usb cable with me to work, I have a car charger in my car, and I charge my phone over night. I don't see any drastic changes occuring with the TB, for me anyway.

I suppose for people who work all day away from their cars or computers might have a problem with their phone dying before they get home from work, but those people aren't refreshing the droid forums every 5 seconds in the middle of the day, either. I predict the Bionic with it's bigger battery will also have people complaining that it dies after a day of heavy use if you don't have a portable charger of some kind.

moosez3

Reaction score
BECAUSE THESE PHONES ARE BATTERY HOGS, END OF STORY.

A CLAMSHELL DUMB PHONE IS LIKE A HYBRID. WOULD YOU BUY SOME TOYOTA HYBRID CAR AND EXPECT 50 MPG? OF COURSE

A GOOD SMARTPHONE IS LIKE A FERRARI. WOULD YOU BUY THE FERRARI, RUN IT AT 140 MPH ALL DAY, AND EXPECT TO STILL GET 50 MPG? OF COURSE NOT!!!!

Either LEARN to use your phone LESS, have more batteries, always be able to plug your phone in, or shut up! I'm sick of people blaming manufacturers for their own problems, it's like that obese guy who sued mcdonalds because he couldnt put down the ****ing food!

Okay you bring up a good analogy, but you are looking at the wrong aspect here. You should be looking at the range.

Ferrari 430 4.3L V-8: avg MPG = 13 - 1
Corolla 1.8L I-4: avg MPG = 29 - 2.2X
Prius hybrid: avg MPG = 50 - 3.8X

Range:
Ferrari tank: 25.1 Gal - 2.1X - 294 miles 1
Corolla tank: 13.2 Gal - 1.1X - 345 miles 1.17X
Prius tank: 11.9 Gal - 1X - 536 miles 1.8X

So Ferrari and pretty much all the other big hitting car companies (Merc, BMW, Audi) have compensated thirsty engines with long lasting fuel tanks.

We deserve some longer lasting fuel tanks!

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
Personally I don't think the battery life will be that big of a shock. My D1 can barely make it through the day as it is if (heaven forbid) I use it for anything other than texting and light web browsing. Of course it'd be nice to have the best battery life we can get, and yes you can do things to reduce battery consumption, but the days where you can leave your house in the morning and expect to get 24 hours of heavy use out of your phone are long gone. I carry a usb cable with me to work, I have a car charger in my car, and I charge my phone over night. I don't see any drastic changes occuring with the TB, for me anyway.

I suppose for people who work all day away from their cars or computers might have a problem with their phone dying before they get home from work, but those people aren't refreshing the droid forums every 5 seconds in the middle of the day, either. I predict the Bionic with it's bigger battery will also have people complaining that it dies after a day of heavy use if you don't have a portable charger of some kind.

Agreed! I can easily spot a person coming to a smartphone for the first time as they can't believe the battery drain compared to their feature phone. Once you come over you quickly learn the adage: if you can charge it, charge it. If I'm at home, my desk or in my car, the phone is charging and I keep a spare AC charger in the car just in case it's needed somewhere.

Reaction score
Well I guess if it was my MAIN concern I'd get a little flip phone. The facto the matter is I want this phone and hardly need a review to know short the battery life will be. I live in an area with Verizon's lte and just want to say WHY 1400MAH? AND WTF???

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Because I've been paying attention to black man x's tweets, when asked how the battery life on the tb would be, he clearly stated that on 3g it will be a big improvement, but on 4g, anything will drain it fast(btw that will play out to all phones)
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Btw, a battery saving app I've downloaded which will certainly improve the tbs battery life is Juice Defender, I suggest that anyone with battery life that doesn't last a full day on medial use needs this app:) take advantage of its fetures:)

Russ2387

Reaction score
Btw, a battery saving app I've downloaded which will certainly improve the tbs battery life is Juice Defender, I suggest that anyone with battery life that doesn't last a full day on medial use needs this app:) take advantage of its fetures:)

tried that app on my d1 but, it bogged my phone way down. im sure the tb will handle it much better.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Odd, I've ran it on my d2g almost since I got the phone and noticed the horrid battery life and its never slowed my phone down (even before I started oc'ing).

Sent from my Liberated D2G

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Juicy defense0r helped a bit, and it does not drain any battery according to systempanel. 16s of cpu time for 23 hrs of uptime.

The main thing about JD is it will turn off power to the 3G apn (versus actually shutting down the phones radio) which in practice has given me ~30% more life when the screen is off. You will still get texts and calls without 3G compared to airplane mode shutting it all down.

Edit: also the flexibility of scheduling and the advanced controls are nice :) i def payed for ultimate juice, dev is an o.k. guy