Latest update and battery life

crakmasta

Reaction score
I installed the latest update as soon as it was released. I almost couldn't stand my bolt anymore and was desperate for a fix. Since the update, its been awesome ..no more reboot, data connection stabilized, and just smoother overall. The cost is the battery life, which was not good to begin with to just awful. I used to last all day if I plugged during lunch. Today, I unplugged at 8 am, and it was at 5% by 1130 am. With that kind of battery life, it might as well be a landline phone. Any one else noticed this?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ajk23az

Reaction score
I installed the latest update as soon as it was released. I almost couldn't stand my bolt anymore and was desperate for a fix. Since the update, its been awesome ..no more reboot, data connection stabilized, and just smoother overall. The cost is the battery life, which was not good to begin with to just awful. I used to last all day if I plugged during lunch. Today, I unplugged at 8 am, and it was at 5% by 1130 am. With that kind of battery life, it might as well be a landline phone. Any one else noticed this?

My battery got a little worse but not that bad. I use "2x battery" and my battery lasts most of the day.

kar

Reaction score

My battery got a little worse but not that bad. I use "2x battery" and my battery lasts most of the day.
My battery got worse for a couple of days and then it got better and now it is MUCH better than it used to be before the update.

polish23

Reaction score

Lol I had this battery problem when I didn't stop playing on my phone for 5 hours straight... What are you doing on your phone?

hdnoejr1

Reaction score
I have the same exact issue. Was getting 8-10 hrs at least prior to the update and now only get 4-5 hrs at best.

OP
crakmasta

crakmasta

Reaction score

Lol I had this battery problem when I didn't stop playing on my phone for 5 hours straight... What are you doing on your phone?

Very light usage..a few texts, checking Twitter, nothing different than before.

Sent via a Bolt of Lightning.

Barbelina

Reaction score
Battery life

I, too was having a problem after I updated but went to my settings and found out that the update was causing one of my apps to keep running. Contacted co from app changed my settings and viola no more problems. Look at the about phone setting and see if there is something that is draining your battery. Hope this helps!:)

OP
crakmasta

crakmasta

Reaction score
I, too was having a problem after I updated but went to my settings and found out that the update was causing one of my apps to keep running. Contacted co from app changed my settings and viola no more problems. Look at the about phone setting and see if there is something that is draining your battery. Hope this helps!:)
The only thing with double digit usage is the display, with 65% even though my brightness to 25% and timeout to 15 sec. I installed 2x as suggested and after I unplugged, it said battery would be toast in 4.5 hours.

OP
crakmasta

crakmasta

Reaction score
Grabbed a pair of those 1700mah Trexcell batteries, and things have much improved. Getting about 10 hours now, and if its like the other one, it should get better after the battery is conditioned.

Sent via a Bolt of Thunder