Battery Life after update.

jst4fun

Reaction score
It really seems like either the battery life after the update early this morning and a full charge, last longer or the meter is acually giving a true reading. I unplugged at 7 AM CST this morning and now it is 6:43 PM CST and I show 70% battery after a pretty good days use today. I am starting to really enjoy this phone. Now bring on 2.2 OS with the color coded calendar and Flash.

pir800

Reaction score
I get the same battery life which is disappointing to me. It's really my only complaint about this phone.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah that battery killed me, took phone back and went back to BB Tour for now. Will see if they fix that is a deal breaker for me, not being able to use for at least a full day. Plus having to use an app to close other apps that just does not make sense.

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
Yeah that battery killed me, took phone back and went back to BB Tour for now. Will see if they fix that is a deal breaker for me, not being able to use for at least a full day. Plus having to use an app to close other apps that just does not make sense.

You don't have to use an app to close other apps, the OS handles memory for you, some people are just obsessed with constant peak performance. Actually those apps run constantly and drain your battery slightly. I have the widgets to turn my GPS / WiFi / BluTooth on and off on my home screen and just turn them off when they are not in use, and I get great battery life.

I admit the first day I used it after a full charge it died after ~ 9 hours which scared me, but after a couple full charges and this recent update it has made a complete turn around.

Yesterday I listened to Sirius into work on my 45 minute commute, made phone calls / surfed web some while at work, listened to Sirius on the way home, watched 45 minutes of a movie on the treadmill and continued to use it until 11PM. When I put it back on the charger it still had 25% left.

Of course this is just one example, but I wouldn't give up on the phone already. Give it a few days and maybe ask for a replacement battery or phone if yours is still dying early.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to tell you guys, I'm going to get this on a clipboard so I don't have to keep retyping it.

Do not expect great battery life from a Droid, or for that matter most smart phones. They such up a lot of battery.

You can go ahead and try dimming the display, turning off blue tooth, wifi, etc. I don't think you will see much difference. And updates to improve battery life? Well, I've seen a few come through which specifically said it was part of the update and I have noticed no change.

So like I have told many others the best way to handle this is to get a spare battery, inexpensive at amazon.com. Under 10.00. Get a charger from ebay. That's about 5.00. Use it a lot in your car? Get a car charger, those are probably more expensive but if you need one then get one.

What's the point of having a smart phone if you're constantly worried about battery use. A small investment is worth the piece of mine.

eibook

Reaction score
It really seems like either the battery life after the update early this morning and a full charge, last longer or the meter is acually giving a true reading. I unplugged at 7 AM CST this morning and now it is 6:43 PM CST and I show 70% battery after a pretty good days use today. I am starting to really enjoy this phone. Now bring on 2.2 OS with the color coded calendar and Flash.

Funny that your battery life seemed to get better after the update, mine seems to have gotten considerably worse.

I have added no apps or changed my phone at all since the update and the battery is lasting about half as long as it did before the update, and this is at work so most of the day my phone is on standby.

wooball

Reaction score
I have to tell you guys, I'm going to get this on a clipboard so I don't have to keep retyping it.

Do not expect great battery life from a Droid, or for that matter most smart phones. They such up a lot of battery.

You can go ahead and try dimming the display, turning off blue tooth, wifi, etc. I don't think you will see much difference. And updates to improve battery life? Well, I've seen a few come through which specifically said it was part of the update and I have noticed no change.

So like I have told many others the best way to handle this is to get a spare battery, inexpensive at amazon.com. Under 10.00. Get a charger from ebay. That's about 5.00. Use it a lot in your car? Get a car charger, those are probably more expensive but if you need one then get one.

What's the point of having a smart phone if you're constantly worried about battery use. A small investment is worth the piece of mine.

agree... :)