Battery life with Liberty

microsnook

Reaction score
My battery life is awesome!
293ad91.jpg
Don't open that browser eh? ha ha

Lol no, that was with light usage. I browsed only for a couple minutes...

jdog94

Reaction score
i have 20% batt life and i am right at 24 hrs off charger
light to mod use today
background data on all day
stock batt
few call several text
downloaded some from market
run sports tap some
wifi on but not connected for a good part of the day
gps on and used maps a little

OP
FC127

FC127

Reaction score
I'm at 60% after about 16 hours. Voice calls, angry birds, texting and droid forums app. I turn off data at night and it really seems to help.
aefc249e-9d2f-45b6.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

XaeroR35

Reaction score
I think I found the problems to my Liberty battery drain issue. I noticed sometimes that my phone would get very hot, and yesterday I decided to dig a little deeper.

I opened OSmonitor and found the "/init" process was running at 95% CPU usage. This is obviously a problem for battery life. I had not even been using the phone very much so I really dont know what the process was doing.

Some searching around the web pointed me to enable USB debugging and that has since stopped the /init process from maxing out the CPU. This has had a very positive impact on my battery life. I hope it will help others.

edwards2243

Reaction score
I recently started using Juicedefender and its helped a ton. It seems that it will disable data while the screens turned off(not in use) and also switch to 1G instead of 3G. Once u turn the screen back on, it resumes all the normal settings. There are also more extreme measures to take to save your battery, but I haven't dabbled in them yet.

On a side note....1.5 is coming sooooooon!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App