Increase Battery Life

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys I was having pretty shotty battery life on Liberty so I took a script from squidlys ROM and ran it on mine. Worked like a dream. Been unplugged for 14 hours now and just hit 50 percent with normal usage. To use this charge your phone all the way and then type these commands into terminal. Then let your phone run all the way down to zero with little use the first time. Best way is to leave it unplugged overnight and all the next day till it dies. Then you should see great improvement. Here's the commands...

su [ENTER]
#!/system/bin/sh [ENTER]
rm /data/system/batterystats.bin [ENTER]

hexon

Reaction score
Hey guys I was having pretty shotty battery life on Liberty so I took a script from squidlys ROM and ran it on mine. Worked like a dream. Been unplugged for 14 hours now and just hit 50 percent with normal usage. To use this charge your phone all the way and then type these commands into terminal. Then let your phone run all the way down to zero with little use the first time. Best way is to leave it unplugged overnight and all the next day till it dies. Then you should see great improvement. Here's the commands...

su [ENTER]
#!/system/bin/sh [ENTER]
rm /data/system/batterystats.bin [ENTER]

you can clear battery stats in clockwork without using a script

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The idea of running a lithium battery down after it's fully charged and that having anything to do with increasing battery life is science fiction. It certainly won't hurt it but it can't possibly do anything else.

I have no idea about the script so I won't comment on that.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The script removes your battery stats so it may increase battery life if your phone was somehow incorrectly reading the battery iirc. I usually do it after flashing a Rom but I think it may be partly to mostly placebo.

tappin and a talkin

thebird36

Reaction score
i've actually found that if you have power control plus and set it up to have the data connection tab it turns off the 3g while not using it (you can turn it back on by hitting the tab) and it boosts battery life. I'm sure people have found this out or something but i do it every now and then and get good batt life

ret

Reaction score
This seemed to be only a (very) temporary fix for me. I cleared the battery data via a reboot into Koush's and my battery seemed to last me pretty much all weekend. However, since just this weekend my battery life has gone down from nearly 30 hours a charge to 8 hours from full charge to 5% under limited use.