Battery Life / BatteryFu

jerrywaggoner

Reaction score
I've only had my D2G for four days, but so far I am extremely surprised (disappointed) with the battery life. I welcome any and all suggestions on how to improve it. I just installed BatteryFu, and it looks like it will help - if anyone has suggestions on how to best tweak that app, I'd love to hear them. I need all email and SMS to come through, and I also need my SIP client active at all times during working hours. Thanks.

Reaction score
I definitely would invest in rooting and romming. Get rid of all the background apps that run without your permission by freezing them with titanium backup (requires root). My battery life increased tenfold from all of the above and using all dark themes with only text or highlights being white.

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."

OP
J

jerrywaggoner

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that I DID root my phone.

Reaction score
Juice defender is a joke. It uses more battery than it saves, even the paid version.

Even though its an opinion, its based on facts of what I reasearched on my own phone, I found my battery was better off without it.

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."

OP
J

jerrywaggoner

Reaction score
So far I've seen minimal savings with BatteryFu, but at least it's something. If there are tweaks for that app, I'm all ears.

I'd also like some more info on romming. The pros and cons, links to some step by step guides, etc. Thanks.

mpower

Reaction score
Try juice defender for yourself, if it works good it if it dosent delete it.

sent from my iPhone

Reaction score
@mpower

Either you're a genius for porting android to your iphone; your signature is a joke; or your signature is true and it makes me lol.

I wont pretend to hate apple because I don't, the os is really pretty. But id like to know your story if you're willing to share :)

swagmonster

Reaction score
@mpower

Either you're a genius for porting android to your iphone; your signature is a joke; or your signature is true and it makes me lol.

I wont pretend to hate apple because I don't, the os is really pretty. But id like to know your story if you're willing to share :)

+1

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

leakim13

Reaction score
I get much better battery life running gummys new rom than anything else I've tried. OC ed at 1.3 and under volted.

From the Great North Woods

rage813

Reaction score
Copied my post from the other battery thread this what I do. And none of this hinders my experience with the phone or bothers me

I get about 28 hours of moderate use until i get to 20 percent
i am NOT rooted running stock with motoblur
I have a standard battery NOT extended
I have my brightness at 35 percent
All animations off
Gps, bluetooth, autosync and background sync off
I use wifi when it is available because it saves battery over 3G but i only turn it on when it is available
I use the task manager that came with the phone it is made by motorola so it only helps your phone it wont harm it or drain your battery(it only comes with the D2G and the droid pro)
When i think of what else i do i will edit this post

Right now im on 49 hours at 30 percent will charge soon(light use)!!!!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

wheeler32

Reaction score
Is there going to be a big difference between freezing apps with Titanium Backup and just renaming them with a command line?

mcaz5

Reaction score
When I first got my D2 I was extremely disappointed in battery life. It seems though as the more I used it and charged the battery would get better. Almost like you had to break it in. Just an opinion lol.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get great battery life because I have spare batteries charged and ready to take over.;)

I really don't use my Droid half as much as I use to, so right now I'm getting a day and a half use and only down to 60%. But I'm really hardly using it because my wife is home for the holidays and I stopped using it for just about anything else since I got the iPad. Navigation of course I use it for and it still is giving me a day and a half.

I'm becoming a believer that leaving it on wifi when you are in a wifi area is better then putting it on 3G as well.