Battery Life

xm0067

Reaction score
What is the general life of your battery? And if its somewhat exceptional (25-30+ hours), how do you do it? Anyone just have some tips to squeeze another hour or two out of the battery?

I get around 20 hours from my battery with moderate usage (texting, occoasional use of the internet, etc), and probably 25 if I'm not really using it at all. I'm using Liberty GB and once I calibrated my battery it seems to have squeezed a little more out of it (another hour or so).

Sent from my DROID2 running Liberty GB v0.8 using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You're not going to get much better than what you're currently getting unless you purchase an extended battery. I'm lucky to get 8-10 hours on heavy use. I typically charge my phone once in the middle of the day.

OP
X

xm0067

Reaction score
You're not going to get much better than what you're currently getting unless you purchase an extended battery. I'm lucky to get 8-10 hours on heavy use. I typically charge my phone once in the middle of the day.

What do you define as heavy use?

Sent from my Liberated DROID 2

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

What do you define as heavy use?

The only comparison is to that of my friend's usage. I use my phone more than anyone else I know.

bvjens31

Reaction score
About 12-14 hours here

Mine has been off the charger for about 10 hours and it's down to 30%. That's about average for me. In recent weeks I have been able to last 16-18 hours but only if I keep my screen brightness on lowest setting, and don't hit my bluetooth music streaming too hard. Today I've been using it pretty often, downloaded some apps, listened to about 30 min worth of music, did some GPS with GasBuddy and plenty of email and texting. I just have come to the realization that it will be sitting on a charger every single night. Sometimes I have to bust out my charger during the day, but that's only if I'm on it constantly.

Speaking of improving battery life, where the F is gingerbread?!

/scurries over to gingerbread forum

EDIT: Also, I am on rooted stock ROM with most of the blur apk's renamed to bak so they don't load on bootup. I'm sure this helps battery life a little bit, but probably not too much.

The Albatross

Reaction score
5 hours of constant usage - meaning the display is never turned off, and I'm probably browsing the internet the whole time, downloading, texting, or typing notes.

36 hours for light usage

OP
X

xm0067

Reaction score
Mine has been off the charger for about 10 hours and it's down to 30%. That's about average for me. In recent weeks I have been able to last 16-18 hours but only if I keep my screen brightness on lowest setting, and don't hit my bluetooth music streaming too hard. Today I've been using it pretty often, downloaded some apps, listened to about 30 min worth of music, did some GPS with GasBuddy and plenty of email and texting. I just have come to the realization that it will be sitting on a charger every single night. Sometimes I have to bust out my charger during the day, but that's only if I'm on it constantly.

Speaking of improving battery life, where the F is gingerbread?!

/scurries over to gingerbread forum

EDIT: Also, I am on rooted stock ROM with most of the blur apk's renamed to bak so they don't load on bootup. I'm sure this helps battery life a little bit, but probably not too much.

Gingerbread is here friend, get the monster rooted version and put on a new GB rom. I'm on liberty 2.08 and its great.

Khiraji

Reaction score
Gingerbread is here friend, get the monster rooted version and put on a new GB rom. I'm on liberty 2.08 and its great.

I have an extended battery as well as GB rooted on my D2, and these days I'm seeing around 24 hours with medium (with periods of heavy) usage. That includes, but isn't limited to: music app is usually running the whole time (32GB MicroSD card is maxed out dancedroid), texts are going in and flying out, maybe some facebooking and/or web browsing while there's service on my long commute, several pictures here and there and usually ~30 mins of voice calling.

If I'm in airplane mode, the battery lasts for ages. I've seen 3+ days in areas with no service, and that's with hours of Angry Birds and other fiddling about.

Bottom line, if you've got something like JuiceDefender running, minimum screen brightness, conservative data syncing rules, GPS/WiFi turned off (although that never seemed to make a noticeable difference on my phone) and a custom ROM, you're probably at the battery life ceiling. I'd highly recommend the extended battery, though - it makes your phone ever so slightly fatter, and while snap-on cases won't fit the extra bump (literally, around 1mm) makes it, IMO, a little more pleasing to hold.
And, the battery lasts for ever and ever :icon_ banana:

OP
X

xm0067

Reaction score
What does juice defender do that something like autokiller memory optomizer doesn't?