Maxx HD Batt. Stat poor?

savagecabbage

Reaction score
I just bought the Maxx HD because the guy told me how amazing the battery life was and how its about 10 hours longer than the reg maxx. But 9 hours and 20% battery life doesn't seem all that impressive as opposed to the 32 hours they raved about . A little disappointed. Moderate usage. Music, social networking, text, games. Suggestions?

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Download gsam battery monitor and let it run for a few hours and report back

sent from my vzw galaxy note 2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
OP what was your screen on time? Post a picture of your battery usage and screen on time. Hold Power+Vol down for about 1-2 seconds to take a screen shot.

OP
S

savagecabbage

Reaction score
10 hours and down to 4% before charging some. Phone was on auto brightness and battery saver mode the entire time!

ForumRunner_20121228_223225.png

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your screen used 73% of your battery...your screen on time was probably quite a lot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
10 hours and down to 4% before charging some. Phone was on auto brightness and battery saver mode the entire time!

View attachment 59555

Your screen used 73% of your battery...your screen on time was probably quite a lot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

As syndicate said, you've used 73% of the 76% of your battery that was used (or about 55,48% of your total battery capacity), simply to power the screen. Tap on the Screen stat and it will tell you how many hours and minutes the screen was active. It will look like the image below;

2ejasyny.jpg

Also, go to Menu, Settings, Display, Brightness, Adjust brightness level, and check the Automatic brightness, then click OK. Next, check the Display power user option. You will see the screen dim a bit. Since this is an active matrix screen, each pixel uses energy, and the brighter the pixels, the more energy used. Another way to save power is to change from a BRIGHT and VIBRANT wallpaper to a muted and darker wallpaper. There are lots of other methods to maximize battery power by reducing screen consumption.

Another thing I noticed is that you are losing WIFI connection and during those times the power consumption is going up (notice the big drop into the red at the right and the fragmented blue line below that area - signifying you are running off and on between WIFI and 3G/4G. Also, the times that the power is dropping fast appears to be while you are online, either while on WIFI or 3G/4G.

2012-12-28_2302.png

Click ^^ to enlarge.

jaydub5

Reaction score
Screenshot_2012-12-28-22-53-21.png

I too am not impressed with battery life. I email a lot as well as surf websites.
Little testing...
Music for 2 hours via SD card orTune-in Radio.
Screen NOT on brightest setting. Cannot reduce on time as I need to send and receive for work.

My third phone.
JayDub5

OP
S

savagecabbage

Reaction score
I guess my question now is, is 10 hours screen time with moderate apps, some music, etc. considered heavy ? I thought this phone could handle?

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I guess my question now is, is 10 hours screen time with moderate apps, some music, etc. considered heavy ? I thought this phone could handle?

10 hours of screen time is a lot. My old d2 could only scrape an hour and a half on the lowest brightness.

sent from my vzw galaxy note 2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If you're getting 10 hours of actual screen on time... that is amazing. I don't have the Maxx I have the HD but I average about 4 1/2 hours of screen on time. From what I've seen and heard the average for the Maxx is 6-7 hours. That's as good as it gets.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Note click on the big graph at the top and post. It will help us to see signal levels.

uhezyda4.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
S

savagecabbage

Reaction score
And I just updated to JB yesterday night and I'm reading other's having the update negatively affecting the battery life? But factory resets didn't help? What is this?