razr maxx hd battery life

Ryguy213

Reaction score
ot the RAZR Maxx HD about a month ago. I've heard many mixed reports on average battery life. I understand it varies with user and location but I'm getting around 16 hours and others are getting double that?? That's a huge discrepancy. If you have a RAZR Max HD could you tell me how long your battery life is on average

droidxep

Reaction score
Check your wifi and make sure its not set to stay connected during sleep. Took me from 15 hours to 30+

OP
R

Ryguy213

Reaction score
I set it to never. It says it will increase mobile data usage. Is that OK?

bohemouth

Reaction score
How do you set your wifi to not be active while in sleep. I' getting about 23 hours out of it, but I do have some large apps. I have never had it last 30+

droidxep

Reaction score
Go to wifi under settings, click the menu button and choose advanced

bohemouth

Reaction score
so I'm at Wi-Fi settings, and it says Wi-Fi direct or Wi-Fi Direct settings. i don't see a menu button that says i can switch to advanced. i'll look again tho.

bohemouth

Reaction score
so I'm at Wi-Fi settings, and it says Wi-Fi direct or Wi-Fi Direct settings. i don't see a menu button that says i can switch to advanced. i'll look again tho.

Oh, i got it...I found it, I found advanced and I switched it to never....that's okay right? Do you know why it says "Increases mobile data useage" I thought using Wi-Fi was the exact opposite? One uses Wi-Fi so one doesn't use all their data plan.

droidxep

Reaction score
It cuts your wifi off which can kick 4g in. Just make sure you have a smart action set to kill data connection during inactivity

droidxep

Reaction score
Have you used smart actions? Just open it up and play around with it, its relatively easy. I think there's even a preset for it

bohemouth

Reaction score
Hmm. I created one triggering no phone movement, and the actions are set mobile data off. set wi-fi on. is that backwards to what i'm trying to do? for some reason the Smart actions are a little confusing to me. when i pick up the phone it goes to wi-fi only when I am in my home.

droidxep

Reaction score
I would set the trigger as screen off and have the action as disable mobile data. Make sure in the phone settings under display that you have the phone set to go to sleep after 1 minute of inactivity

bohemouth

Reaction score
I would set the trigger as screen off and have the action as disable mobile data. Make sure in the phone settings under display that you have the phone set to go to sleep after 1 minute of inactivity

I will take your suggestion. I do have the phone set to go to sleep after 1 minute of inactivity. Thanks So much droid xep.