Droid Razr Maxx HD upgrade?

Sep 30, 2010
Reaction score
Have there been any rumors about when the successor to the Razr MAXX HD will be coming out? I know the Moto X just got "announced" as coming out later this year, but I wasn't sure if anyone had heard anything about a specific replacement for the Maxx HD. My Bionic is becoming sluggish and the battery isn't lasting long so I'm ready for a new phone, but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on a phone that is over 7 months old.
Maxx HD is a great phone.... Plus it can be rooted and unlocked :)

The Moto X is supposed to come out..... But no time table yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I'm also torn between the Maxx HD and the Galaxy S3. The Galaxy S3 has the same age problem with it's successor already being released. But I hate the 5" screen so I can't do the S4. And the S4 mini that they just announced has a smaller battery than my Bionic so that's not going to improve anything. I'm in a tough spot.
Battery is king for me..... So that is why I have the HD Maxx and I love it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta
For what it is worth, I just got rid of my S3 (had it for 4-6 months) went in to Verizon able to get whatever was available S4, the new Blackberry, iPhone.
I said "Please give me a MaxxHD" NOT interested in anything else. We discussed the others, I played with the others - while I waited for my MaxxHD.

I am not a 16 year old girl (nothing wrong with them) I have an 18 year old Daughter along with 16,17,21 year old Sons.

I am a business owner and need a phone that "works" when I am. Phone-Battery-Reception-Nav-Camera. Is what I NEED.
Toys are for Play. This is a Tool for me.
Couldn't agree more with you Captain. Well said.
For me it is a toy AND a tool. Love the latest and greatest. I dream of a google version of a droid hd maxx with a quad core processor and at least 3 gig of ram. By google version I mean free of all vzw and motorola software "enhancements".

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The Bionic is a rough place to be at this point.

-If your phone is functional I would wait.

-If it is going to cause you an aneurysm I would not wait.

-If money is no object buy a first generation razr or current generation razr (both maxx) used and wait for the new phones to be released in the fall.
-If money is an object, wait.