Battery Life / BatteryFu

abhoward9

Reaction score
I get great battery life because I have spare batteries charged and ready to take over.;)

I really don't use my Droid half as much as I use to, so right now I'm getting a day and a half use and only down to 60%. But I'm really hardly using it because my wife is home for the holidays and I stopped using it for just about anything else since I got the iPad. Navigation of course I use it for and it still is giving me a day and a half.

I'm becoming a believer that leaving it on wifi when you are in a wifi area is better then putting it on 3G as well.
Its not really a matter of being a believer... its not like its some anciient myth that being on wifi saves battery. The wifi radio uses less battery than the 3g radio

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

loweryD2

Reaction score
I am interested in extending battery life. How exactly do I disable background sync? Would deleting back up assistant help with battery too? I really don't see a need for my phone to sync every single day. I tried opening the data manager and nothing happens, empty screen. I am using automatic brightness right now, but usually keep it at 35% too. Thanks for any help!

want a droid

Reaction score
In response to JuiceDefender/UltimateJuice, it is a wonderful app the does a great job. It's a shame it didn't work for you. I got amazing results when using it, but I had to stop using it because I mostly communicate using the messaging app kik which requires data in order for messages to be sent and delivered.

I have to agree that "breaking your phone in" is necessary and months from now you'll see that your battery has improved. I'm on the extended battery and have to put the phone on the charger again after about 9-11 hours, which is much improved considering I used to get just 6-8 hours.

Bear in mind I'm a heavy user.

I'm running squidly's rom (not his latest though) so I have most blur removed.

loweryD2

Reaction score
I disabled background data, and have brightness set to 35%. Last two days I have got 27 and 24 hours, moderate/light use. Huge difference!